We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,661 posts
5,745 reviews
Save Topic

The TA Travelers' Choice Best Destinations for 2014 have now been published for 2014. Paris, the #1 destination for 2013 has slipped to #7 in the world and #5 in Europe this year. See link to the recently published list if interested.

tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Destinations…

To see cities in Europe only, click the More Tab next to the World Tab and choose Europe.

Press Release version of the rankings

tripadvisor.com/PressCenter-i6685-c1-Press_R…

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

How did they come up with these destination rankings?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,661 posts
5,745 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

Good question, joan1

Within the press release you will read that the rankings are...... "based on the millions of valuable reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travelers".... Not much to gone unfortunately.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

Well I don't put much stock in these rankings...

I find it hard to believe Chicago beat out places like Hawaii... oh come on.. ( not saying theres anything wrong with Chicago but really as a holiday destination hard to buy that it comes out ahead of many other places.. lol) lets get real.

Its like the "top ten" attractions or restaurants etc they list for my hometown.. phoney baloney.

Apparently the " Number 1 Attraction in Paris " is "Hinthunt.

Come on.. that is just funny. Not saying this "hinthunt" is not perhaps a fun activity.. i have no idea.. but I am saying we all know its not the number one attraction in Paris.

Selinsgrove...
Level Contributor
323 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

Did they come up with these rankings the same way they come up with hotel and restaurant rankings?

I see that Siem Reap is in the Top 10.

Edited: 11 April 2014, 13:36
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

I've been howling about this kind of thing for years - think any one will listen, this time?

In a way, it would be nice if everybody started heading somewhere else, at least for a little while. That way, all the lines would be a lot shorter...

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

I agree. Let everyone go visit (and overcrowd) the other cities.

I couldn't care less what TA says the best destinations are. I go where I want to go

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

To coin a phrase: "Fewer people go there anymore. It's too crowded!"

Coincidentally, I just heard on the radio that Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market here in Boston is the seventh most visited place in the US -- more than visit Disney World (also in the ranking). . . . . Right.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

Make that "...in the world."

boston.com/travel/…story.html

9. Re: TA - Best Destinations (2014) Paris #7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16