We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le relais de l'entrecote

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Le relais de l'entrecote

My husband, my 11 year old daughter and I are coming to paris in a week's time. We love steak and this restaurant has great write ups. However the steak comes with a sauce. Is it possible for the steak to come without the sauce or separately? My daughter is very fussy and though she might try it, she might not like it and don't want her to wAste the steak. Many thanks. Also, how long is the wait for a table? Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

There is no wait if you go when it opens. The sauce is not poured on the steak.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

Thank you. Think we'll visit this restaurant then

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

Frankly, I did not think it was the best value for money the last time I went. I think I even prefer the Hippopotamus steakhouse chain which is everywhere in Paris.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,751 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

Le Relais is not a bargain but they are good to kids. The sauce is pesto flavored, basil and olive oil. Our 11 year old loves le Relais and the sauce but everyone is different.

If you daughter is a fussy eater, Hippopotamus is basically the same at far less money.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

Good idea, Sarastro - plus, at Hippo, you don't have to stand in line. Might be a better idea for fussy kids...

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

Thank you might keep hippo a try instead. We are staying near radio france in 16th. Are there any hippos near there? Or we'll be visiting montparnasse, Eiffel Tower, the louvre. Any near these sites? Thanks

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

I've only ever had a beefburger at Hippopotamus at Bercy Village and was extremely pleased with it.

Using google maps, I've found the following:

Hippopotamus Maine-Montparnasse, 12 Avenue du Maine, 75015 Paris

Hippopotamus Montparnasse, 68 Boulevard du Montparnasse, 75014 Paris

Hippopotamus, 286 Rue de Vaugirard, 75015 Paris (possibly nearest to where you're staying, but unless you provide an exact location I am unable to search on Google Maps to find your nearest - failing that, you could actually look them up yourself)

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

Hels, you might be a bit disappointed with steaks in Paris.

Quality can be very mediocre.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

Thank you I'll look up the exact locations myself. Just wanted an idea approximately where they were.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,283 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le relais de l'entrecote

Heavens, my meal at the Relais involved the meat being sliced and placed in the sauce and kept warm over a flame. Absolutely no possibility of having it without sauce. Was my meal different from others???

Nor was the sauce pesto flavoured. It was a butter and dijon mustard sauce, perhaps with tarragon. Mild and a bit creamy.

I would never go back. I thought it quite ordinary and hated the lack of choice. The steak and sauce were OK for a once off but not exceptional. You can certainly do better.

http://tinyurl.com/pfz3zev