We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup Final - places to watch?

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
World Cup Final - places to watch?

Bonjour! We will be in Paris 11-17 July and my football mad husband is keen to watch the final somewhere. We will be staying in Montmartre and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a sports bar or somewhere we could go and have a few drinks and watch the game. The final is on Sunday 13 July if that helps!

Merci beaucoup!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

Any of the Irish bars would be fine but I'll suggest this place....metro St Georges on line 12 or a shortish walk from Montmartre ( depending where you are stating).

http://www.playoff.fr/

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,584 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

Th Great Canadian Pub is just across from Notre Dame on the Left Bank ---> http://www.tgcparis.com/

Pjk

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

But if anyone's not up to going out, it will be found on all channels in the hotel room. Traveling during two World Cups, it was impossible to get away from it (only slight exaggeration) as television from all the European countries were airing matches at the same time. Click - France. Click - Germany. Click - Italy. Click - Sweden. Click - Switzerland. Etc. I'd wager that, while the number of teams participating has remained constant, with the greater number of cable feeds from different nations now, that it will be ever more so.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

It'll be useful to see who teams make it to the final.....might influence choice of place to watch ......won't be an Irish pub anyway...:-(

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

Condolences, Sean O'Bee.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

Why not just reschedule your trip so that it doesn't coincide with the match, so that you don't waste thousands of dollars just to fly to Paris and watch it?

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

Euro!

Girl you is in fine form today!!

As our fave destination expert you might imagine that the OP is not just coming for the match.

Where would YOU recommend?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

My recommendation remains a change in schedule. Going all the way from Australia to France just to sit in front of a TV and watch the same thing one can see at home? Why not just toss the money into the fireplace instead? Paris will be there in June and August, too.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

Thanks everyone. We most definitely aren't travelling to Paris just to watch the final. Please! It is just how our itinerary has worked out. That being said, any further recommendations? Cheers :)

MD
Level Contributor
710 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: World Cup Final - places to watch?

I bet every bar in Europe with a TV will be showing the World Cup final. Your problem will be picking a bar where the other patrons share your team allegiance.