We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creperies in Paris

Winnipeg, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Creperies in Paris

We want to go for crepes when in Paris and I have read good things about Breizh Cafe. I have also seen some good reviews about Creperie Paris Breizh. (two different places, but very similar names) Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Breizh Cafe
Breizh Cafe
1,304 Reviews
Paris, France
La Creperie
La Creperie
247 Reviews
Paris, France
Wine Therapy
££ - £££, French, Wine Bar
Marche Ou Crepe
£, French, Bar, Cafe
ASPIC
££££, French, European, Contemporary
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
2,407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Creperies in Paris

I highly recommend Creperie Broceliande in Montmartre. See my Trip Advisor review.

Mentioned in this post
Creperie Broceliande
Creperie Broceliande
1,746 Reviews
Paris, France
Montmartre
Montmartre
15,772 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Creperies in Paris

Good crêpes are easy to find in Paris, especially in touristy areas, such as the Latin Quarter or Montmartre. The rue du Montparnasse near Montparnasse Station has almost one crêpe restaurant after another, in part because the nearby railway station serves Brittany.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Latin Quarter
Latin Quarter
3,784 Reviews
Paris, France
Montmartre
Montmartre
15,772 Reviews
Paris, France
Montparnasse
Montparnasse
1,098 Reviews
Paris, France
Montparnasse Station
Montparnasse Station
125 Reviews
Paris, France
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Creperies in Paris

The similarity of the names is because Breizh means Breton in Breton. Essentially, crepes are simple food so avoid anywhere fancy.

Mentioned in this post
Breizh Cafe
Breizh Cafe
1,304 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Creperies in Paris

I agree with railtraveler - the "gourmet crepe restaurant" idea is a recent fad. Creperies are fun, but "not all that", if you get what I mean.

Crepes have always been the equivalent of funnel cakes and similar food that you find at street fairs and amusement parks. Also, they are cheap, quick and a convenient way to feed your family at home, using whatever you happen to have on hand as fillings. They are not "serious food", and really shouldn't be taken as such - especially if you have to pay "serious" prices.

Eating them on the street or at the open air markets is the most fun, in my opinion. But if you want to go to a restaurant to eat them, it's interesting to try "galettes", which are savory crepes made with buckwheat flour.

Winnipeg, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Creperies in Paris

Thanks for all the info, it was most helpful. Rumples, I had a look at Creperie Broceliande on TA and it sounds much better than the places I had in mind. I think I may give it a whirl.

Mentioned in this post
Creperie Broceliande
Creperie Broceliande
1,746 Reviews
Paris, France
California
Level Contributor
7,533 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Creperies in Paris

Breizh Cafe, Little Breizh, Crêperie Josselin (many on the same street), Pot o'Lait Creperie...there are many good sit-down places for crepes and galettes.

Mentioned in this post
Breizh Cafe
Breizh Cafe
1,304 Reviews
Paris, France
Little Breizh
Little Breizh
808 Reviews
Paris, France
La Creperie
La Creperie
247 Reviews
Paris, France
Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Creperies in Paris

With pattyinparis @4 as a point of departure, I submit that once the luxe aspect has been satisfied, you will be drawn all the more to the stands on the streets and in the parks ... good menus of savory or sweet ... good prices ... near a park bench or a wall for sitting ... or on foot ... near the place de la Concorde end of the Tuileries, for example.

Mentioned in this post
Place de la Concorde
Place de la Concorde
2,925 Reviews
Paris, France
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,234 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Creperies in Paris

Any along the rue moufftarde but especially the one with the longest line.

Pjk

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Creperies in Paris

Along with croques, slow food nation's own fast food.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Creperies in Paris

The only caveat with crepes is this: Buy them from somewhere that makes them to order. There are more than a few places that just fill them to order off a pile of pre-made crepes. Ix-nay!!