We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departing today at 6 am

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
654 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Departing today at 6 am

I should be sleeping but given the early flight I'm not being able to close an eye. In a couple of hours I must be at the airport.

I'll arrive at CDG around 9.30 am. Now I'm wondering what to do: lunch and go back to the hotel to rest or lunch and do the "petit" tour of Montmartre (which is where I'm going to stay) I had planned to, until it's time to go to bed. This said, I will be more than 24 hours deprived from sleep. Nothing that I haven't done before, but I dislike it. What would you do?

Mentioned in this post
Montmartre
Montmartre
15,493 Reviews
Paris, France
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Roissy-en-France, France
The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours
1 Visit 4 You
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Original Food Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Driver-Guide-France
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
9,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departing today at 6 am

If 1 hr. nap is enough - go for it. Otherwise- waste of time. You shouldn't be jet lagged.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
2,316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Departing today at 6 am

Enjoy Montmartre and sleep later.

Mentioned in this post
Montmartre
Montmartre
15,493 Reviews
Paris, France
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Departing today at 6 am

I make it a point not to nap upon arrival. I stay outside to replenish my vitamin D, move unhurriedly, stop frequently for a coffee or tea, and drink plenty of water. I have dinner around 8 pm and am usually in bed and asleep by 10 pm. Next day I'm on schedule.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Departing today at 6 am

I have a different point of view IF you are flying in from Lisbon. You will not have jetlag but you may be tired from not having had a good night's sleep. So, I'd suggest a leisurely walk around the area, have a light lunch, take a nice hot shower and a short nap not to exceed an hour. This should recharge you a bit so that you can spend the remainder of the afternoon doing what you want. Have dinner around 8pm and go back to your hotel and go to bed afterwards. This is what I would do.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,683 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Departing today at 6 am

If you are flying in from Lisbon you won't really experience true jet lag .. since you will at most be only changing one time zone if at all.. but you may simply have some travel fatique. You aren't needing to reset your body clocks like those of us who fly in from overseas going thru many time zones.. so if you need a nap you need a nap.. take one.

Ricardo enjoy your trip it will be over in the blink of an eye and you will be home !

Edited: 15 April 2014, 02:07
Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
654 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Departing today at 6 am

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,832 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Departing today at 6 am

Go to the pharmacy and stock up on my sleeping pills. Pop one before I sleep and wake up refreshed are ready for Paris. Have fun. Carpe Diem.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Departing today at 6 am

Hope you have a great trip, Ricardo! Look forward to the trip report!!!!

When you arrive: Drink lots of water and coffee. Enjoy Paris, you can sleep later!

Mentioned in this post
Enjoy Hostel
Enjoy Hostel
66 Reviews
Paris, France
Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Departing today at 6 am

Ricardo, I wouldn't advise taking sleeping pills. That's more useful for those of us who fly from far away places like where I live in San Francisco. And, of course, they might not mix so well with your other medications.

After you catch up on some sleep I know that we are going to hear about the fantastic time you are having in Paris. Aproveite a sua visita em Paris!!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
10. Re: Departing today at 6 am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:16