We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictures of Eiffel Tower and Paris

Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pictures of Eiffel Tower and Paris

I'm sure I read somewhere on this forum that there are other places to get good pictures of Paris other than from the Eiffel Tower. Where would these be? Also, looking for places to capture good pictures of Eiffel Tower. Any suggestions?

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
504 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,185 Reviews
from US$108.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
790 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
630 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,613 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pictures of Eiffel Tower and Paris

For a full on view of the ET it is hard to beat Trocadero, looking down over the gardens and fountains and directly at the tower. Maybe not the most artistic view though.

The roof of Galleries Lafayette I think has a good view. I like the view of French houses on the square from the escalator at the Pompidou centre.

You can get a view of Paris from the steps at Sacre Coeur but it will not include the Eiffel Tower which is hidden behind the butte, but there is a view from the dome of Sacre Coeur.

Top of the Arc de Triomphe and the towers of Notre Dame.

Level Contributor
68 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pictures of Eiffel Tower and Paris

If you are looking for scale in relation to central Paris as a whole, we found the rooftop observatory at Tour Montparnasse to be a good spot as well.

Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pictures of Eiffel Tower and Paris

Each of the above suggestions is very good. I'm a fan of the view from the Arc du Triomphe, but it's really a subjective thing. Depends what you're after.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Level Contributor
119 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pictures of Eiffel Tower and Paris

This article offers lots of great suggestions of places to get great photos of Eiffel Tower.

Try googling photographing Eiffel Tower, there are lots of clever suggestions to get a unique shot.

5. Re: Pictures of Eiffel Tower and Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:16