We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Duluth
Level Contributor
48 posts
256 reviews
Save Topic
best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

Hello

I am getting nervous. I will be alone in Opera/Montmarte area on Rue del'Agent Bailly. My Lufthansa flight leaves at 12:05 p.m.(noon) I would like to be to the airport by 10:a.m. I think it is terminal 1. I don't really want to pay for a taxi. What would be the very SIMPLEST way for me to get to airport? I do not speak or read French, and of course it is very important to get to the airport on time. I will have no phone and no internet after I leave the apartment. This will be on Monday June 16. Thanks in advance!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

Depends on how much you are hauling. If you can easily manage your bags and other belongings on long walks, escalators, through turnstiles, use the RER/Metro. See www.ratp.fr for routing.

Or, you could take the 42 bus to Opera then Roissybus to CDG.

The simplest way, especially if you are hauling quite a bit, would be a taxi. You can phone the English speaking dispatcher for G7 and order a taxi the night before 01-41-27-66-99.

If your flight is to the USA, depending on your departure terminal and airline, you might want to be at CDG by 9 AM.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,045 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

If you're flying back to the US, I'd be there at 9. The Roissybus leaves from the Opera station. You can pay on the bus (or could in 2010). It's pretty simple. You just need to know your terminal number as they (at that time) announced the terminals but not the airlines.

https:/…paris-cdg-roissybus.htm

Duluth
Level Contributor
48 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

Thank you. I am flying to bucharest via munich on lufthansa. I can manage my own luggage. I am not sure, but i think i am within walking distance of Opera bus stop. That would be great if i could pay on bus. That,s one thing i don't know...is how to buy bus or metro tickets. Every country is different. I know a taxi would be simplest, but don't want to spend that much. I just found a website for a shuttle but don't know if that is a good idea. It appears to be terminal 1 from my research. Thank you both for the links and speedy respinse.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

If it's too far to walk, take Bus 42. You can pay 2 Euros on the bus. You can pay the driver on the Roissybus.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6,897 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

From Cadet stop on metro line 7 its 3 stops to Opera. It is a bit of a stretch to walk with luggage, but I think Roissy Bus would be most convenient. It stops on Rue Scribe, on backside of the Opera House.

There is automatic ticket dispenser at the stop, or you can buy ticket from the driver, just have proper amount ready as they don't have change. Last year it was 10 Euro, might be more now.

Bus doesn't stop until airport, then at each terminal, so be certain where to get out.

Duluth
Level Contributor
48 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

Too far to walk where? I have to take 2 different busses? I DO like that i can pay driver and not have to worry about tickets. I still am trying to find a street map for that area that i can print.

THAnk you all.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,665 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

I think you are over worried about this. If you need to get to the airport it means you will already have been in Paris for some period of time. You can certainly find out how to buy bus and metro tickets. Go to Google and type in 'how to use the Paris metro'. You will find all kinds of sites with instructions and Youtube videos showing you what to do.

Take the bus, metro or taxi but don't take a shuttle as they are known to be unreliable!

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,045 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

Google maps works pretty well for me. However, I would have a street map with you. I use the Streetwise Paris map. I like it because it's laminated so doesn't fall apart. I've been able to get everywhere I wanted in central Paris with it. You can get it from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

The 2 buses would be if you're too far to walk to Opera with luggage. You'd have to get to the Opera stop somehow, so you'd either need to walk, take a bus, or take the metro. Since this is the end of your trip, you'll have plenty of time to find where the Opera stop is. You could even scope out where the buses are ahead of time.

Paris is really easy to navigate around. It doesn't matter if you don't speak French, as the names of the streets on the maps and for real are the same. It doesn't matter how you pronounce them in your head.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,909 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

I think you need to consult a map right away (and of course, you can print one from Google). Yes, the suggestion is that you either

1) walk the whole way to Rue Scribe, behind the Opera House to catch the Roissy bus OR

2) take the mêtro three stops to Opera and walk behind the Opear House to catch the Roissy bus OR

3) take the 42 bus to Opera and then walk to Rue Scribe (perhaps there will be a bus stop a bit closer than the metro - and metro will have lots of stairs)

The link given to you above shows the metro routes and the bus routes (click on the legend to get either metro or buses - it's good to learn how to use a transportation map before traveling).

You can buy metro tickets at the metro by depositing a 2€ coin in a machine and buying one ticket for your three stops (how are you getting to the place you're staying in the first place? if your'e using the métro, you might want to buy more than one ticket initially; you will need Euros to buy tickets - because it is not certain that North American credit cards will work in the credit card machines in metro stations). There is an information booth at most métro stations, usually lined with tourists needing help, they are very helpful - they will come out to help you with the machine or sometimes take mercy on you and sell you the tickets and swipe your card.

Only you can know whether it is too far for you to walk, with your luggage from your accommodation to Rue Scribe, which is where people are directing you to go. It appears it's still 10€ and here's a link with the information:

https:/…paris-cdg-roissybus.htm

(leaves every 15 minutes). As everyone else has said, don't forget to figure out, from the Lufthansa site or from the CDG site, where your terminal is.

Bon Courage!

Duluth
Level Contributor
48 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best way to get to cdg from airbnb alone

Thanks again to all of you! It's a short Paris trip. I will be with a group when arriving Thursday night and alone when I leave on Monday. Never thought of utube...good idea. I am unable to print from google maps. I have screen shot a few onto my mini ipad. Will check out the streetwise map.