We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel close to Gare De Lyon?

San Diego
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nice hotel close to Gare De Lyon?

My girlfriend and I are going to be taking the train from Barcelona to Paris (Gare De Lyon station) at the end of May and will be there for 2 nights before flying out of CDG back home to San Diego. I'm wondering about some nice hotels close to the Gare De Lyon station? Our budget would be in the $100-$200 per night range. If anybody has some recommendations I would certainly appreciate it! I've been to Paris 4 times and I'm fairly familiar with the city and getting around so if you have an alternate idea of a better area to stay in and easier to get to CDG for our morning flight home I'm all ears. Somebody on another post mentioned that Air France has a shuttle from Gare De Lyon to CDG for 17 euro and that seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Thanks

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
398 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel close to Gare De Lyon?

Check out the Terminus Lyon Hotel - http://www.hotelterminuslyon.com/en/

It is directly across the street from the train station and very convenient. They have been a good three star hotel with reasonable prices, but they seem to have gone up recently, so they might now be out of your price range.

The Hotel Helvetia is also very close to the train station. It is older and the prices might be in your range. Check out the Trip Advisor reviews, it's a mixed bag.

Also, the Air France bus to CDG Airport stops right in front of the station and very close to both hotels, so it is a good way at a reasonable price to get there without any stops. The bus makes only two stops to and from the station (Gare de Lyon and Montparnasse station,) and on the way to the airport there are no further stops after Gare de Lyon.

Because the bus starts/ends at Montparnasse, you might want to check that area. It is full of restaurants and hotels, and it is within walking distance to a number of places.

Good luck. Enjoy your stay.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel close to Gare De Lyon?

Also check out L'Hotel Particulier on the rue Cremieux. Very nice budget hotel. Gets good reviews on TA. Friends stayed there last year and were happy with it in every way.

Btw, I echo Alec's advice about looking into the Air France bus. It's reliable airport transportation.

Lescarsairfrance.com

Edited: 19 April 2014, 01:37
3. Re: Nice hotel close to Gare De Lyon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:15