We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodin/Mapplethorpe

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Topic
Rodin/Mapplethorpe

If you are coming over the next few months, think about going to this exhibition a the the Musée Rodin.

The Mapplethorpe expo at Le Grand Palais is really great but this one is a brilliant compliment to it.

And the Rodin Museum is a must anyway if you are staying a few days ( good coffee in the garden café too!)

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

Thanks seanbee! I'll miss the Grand Palais exhibition but the one at the Musée Rodin will be excellent consolation. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

Thanks Seanbee! I'll add it to my list. There are so many interesting looking exhibitions on this Spring that I'm almost hoping for rainy gray, rainy days so I don't have to feel bad about spending my time inside.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

Thanks Seanbee! Looks very interesting.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
656 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

Thx Seanbee!

Although the only way I'll see it is by using my imagination, I encourage anyone who hasn't been to visit Musee Rodin. Just go, go, go..

One of my favorite places ..ever.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
1,704 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

Just finished looking at some of the Rodin/Mapplethorpe pairings on-line. Wow! Can hardly wait to see this along with the Grand Palais exhibition in June. Thanks indeed, seanbee!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

thank you Seanbee

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,541 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

At the Musee des Arts Decoratifs is an exhibition of Chinese Artifacts (to June 29) and the Dries van Noten Retrospective.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

I've seen a number of Mapplethorpe exhibitions in the past and frankly his work is not for everybody. Probably most of the people on this site know ahead of time whether or not they are attracted to this sort of exhibition.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

My experience with the numerous Mapplethorpe exhibits here in NYC that I have been to, is that the more - I don't what to call it - "sensitive" (?) works - are in a separate space with notices posted before those rooms that some people may find the works inside objectionable. (A bit of the nanny state mentality at work) There were people who didn't read those notices who I did see getting bothered and leaving the room -

Do they do the same sort of thing with such exhibits in Paris? He is the only artist (I've ever seen here or anywhere) who has had some works sequestered from another part of the exhibit.

I don't think many artists have such a striking difference in style between their various works.

I would think (guess) that most people choosing to go an exhibit of his will have some idea of what to expect - but, obviously, not all will.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rodin/Mapplethorpe

@momcat

Yes those artworks are in a separate room where only people over 18 can go in.