We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pipersville...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

Has anyone stayed at the Eiffel Elegance apartment rented from A la carte paris rental?

How was it? Any problems? I can't find any information.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,696 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

Did you see this on their website: alacarte-paris-apartments.com/A-La-Carte-Par…

Pipersville...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

Thank you for your reply.Yes i did see that i was looking for other sites

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

Search a la carte on this forum. There have been some threads that got, er, active.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,045 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

A la Carte Paris has received overwhelmingly favorable reviews over the years. There was one double booking incident some years ago which the owner promised would not happen again and there have been no reports of that, or any other complaints.

Some time ago, the owner, apparently, encouraged guests, if they enjoyed their stay, to post a review on this forum. So, there were there were quite a few who did that - register just to post a review. Many "regulars" on this forum found that highly objectionable. Others (such as myself) didn't mind that the owner asked satisfied guests to promote his business. But, I have not seen much of that recently.

The apartment is beautifully furnished, well located in the 7th (for food shopping, cafes, restaurants, boutiques), and looks very comfortable. Queen beds and showers that large are not all that common in Paris rentals. That you can drop your bags at 10AM, pay with a credit card, and that there is no security deposit required, are significant advantages.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

A La Carte is a reputable agency. Their apartments are set up like hotel rooms, which appeal to some, but lack that "authentic Parisian" touch that many people seem to prefer. The prices are higher than many companies, but fair for the value, and plumbing and linens are what you would expect in a hotel. Service is professional, just as in a hotel. The owner is a little too enthusiastic about self-promotion on travel sites, but I haven't seen any outright deception about the property or service. Friends have stayed in a few ALC apartments, and liked them - except for that "grey-beige" color that's used everywhere.

The space is not always what you would hope for, though, and you need to verify if there is an elevator in the building. Many of the buildings are quite old, and some apartments are located 5 flights up a narrow, winding staircase. If you are on an upper floor, make sure you will be able to handle it, if the elevator goes out of order.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,045 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

I disagree that the apartment lacks that "authentic Paris feel" - quite the opposite,especially compared to properties with photos that distort the actual space, have cheap/tacky decor and furniture (often outdoor or plastic furnishings), and I, for one, find neutral decor far more appealing and pleasant that the oft seen garish yellow, reds, oranges, cheap fabrics, too.

This particular property is one flight up with elevator.

In the overall, personally, I find A la Carte Properties far more appealing than the overwhelming majority of other. You do get what you pay for.

That the owner is sometimes seemed to be "enthusiastic" about self-promotion is not a bad thing.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

djkbooks - I agree with you that the decor and furnishing are nice, and I do think ALC is a good company and have often recommended it - but you would not believe how many people think ALC's apartments are "slick" and "over-decorated" "too expensive" and "not Parisian enough".

Most of these people are not happy unless they end up in a dump, as long as it has exposed ceiling beams and a kitchenette that hasn't been renovated since the 1940's - it's also usually their first trip to Paris and they are on a very tight budget, though. I know many who have up-graded, on their second trip ; )

Pipersville...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

Thanks for all the info guys.I am loving all the replies.

California
Level Contributor
5,838 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

I haven't stayed in that apartment but it does look lovely and the agency is reputable. The double booking problem djkbooks referred to above does seem to have been a one-time issue and the employee involved was fired. Management companies that offer deluxe accommodations like they do work very hard to keep their guests happy, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 16:04
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eiffel Elegance A la carte paris rental

I have a different view of apartment agencies that ask satisfied guests to post glowing reviews. If they also asked less than satisfied guests to post, it would be fine. But it gives an overwhelmingly positive slant to things when the reality *may* be quite different. That's called skewing the results and it's wrong.

This is directed at the previous responses, not A La Carte, of which I know nothing except what I've read here.