We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

I will be travelling to Paris at the end of March 2015 with my family. There will be 5 of us, a 15 year old, the two parents, and one set of grandparents. The child will stay on a sofabed and the adults in the 2 bedrooms. I have looked around and found a lovely place with a terrace (actually 2 of them!) through an agency called myparisvisit. I've emailed them twice and heard nothing back. I've seen mixed reviews on them, so I thought I would post asking your opinions...

what is the best rental agency to use?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
1,853 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

You may want to take a look at paris vacation apartments: www.parisvacationapartments.com to see if its prices and two-bedroom apartments work for you. I and many TA posters have used this agency with great success. I can also recommend Perfectly Paris, but its apartments are mostly in Montmartre. Others will likely come on here to share their favorite agencies.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

I have always had good service and apartments from Friendly Rentals. The website is easy to use, you can book on line directly, their communication is good and the apartments are as represented on the website. They also grade the apartments between comfort, premium and luxury. They are apartment managers and not just a listing site that passes you on to an owner.

friendlyrentals.com/en/…accommodation-221.htm

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
76 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

I've used my Paris visit several times and have been happy with them. I'm surprised they haven't gotten back to you, they have always been very quick to respond to any questions I've asked.

I'm wondering if the 2 bedroom apartment you were looking at is the Louvre Terrace. We stayed there with our nieces in 2012 and really liked it. Good location, plenty of space to spread out and we loved the balconies.

Toronto
Level Contributor
995 posts
514 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

We really like parisvacationapartments in reply #1. Another is vacationinparis.com.

Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

I use http://www.homeaway.com :)

I'll be renting the same appartment for the 3rd time

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,822 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

Clara, Homeaway isn't an agency, is a listing site. The OP is asking about the best agency.

Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

Oops..my bad :) Sorry

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

David, the agencies mentioned here are all reliable. I've used Paris Vacation Apartments and Vacation In Paris, both with excellent results.

A couple of others are Guest Apartment Services and Haven in Paris. PVA, HiP and GAS are high-end agencies, VIP more middle of the road, but all are reliable.

California
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

I agree with Happy's recs above--I have rented from VIP and GAS myself. I'll add a 3rd, Paris Deluxe Rentals. We've rented two 2-bedroom apartments from them--Regis and Pl. des Vosges and enjoyed them both.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
245 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best agency to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a week 2015?

I also agree with Happy and Annette's recommendations. Our experience after just three consecutive years of visiting Paris: the first visit to Paris, we rented a 2 bedroom apartment from Friendly Rentals; then we switched to Guest Apartment Services for the next two years and are renting from them again this October. If you do a search on this forum, you will find several agencies that consistently get good ratings from posters.. If you would like more information on GAS, send me a pm, please.

As an aside (since she is not allowed to mention it), Annette actually has her apartment listed with Guest Apartment Services and she was kind enough to send information that helped make the decision as to what agency to use.