We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Metro Journey and cab fares

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Metro Journey and cab fares

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to get from Paris Nord rail station to Porte de St Cloud using only the metro. I entered the information into the route planner on www.ratp.fr, and got a 40 minute journey with a combination of RER and Metro. Also does anyone know what the approximate cab fare for this journey would be, and how long it is likely to take? Thanks for your help.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Metro Journey and cab fares

At Gare du Nord, take the metro line 4 direction Porte d'Orleans through three stops to Strasbourg St Denis, then change here for metro line 9, direction Pont de Sevres. Porte de St-Cloud is on this line. It seems fairly straightforward, although the journey from Strasbourg St Denis to Porte de St-Cloud goes through a lot of stations.

Sorry I've no info re taxi fares.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Metro Journey and cab fares

Thanks treaclebob, this looks like a much better journey, not sure why this option was not given on the routeplanner!

Newcastle, UK
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Metro Journey and cab fares

Hi, here's your route:-

1. At Gare du Nord jump on metro line 4(purple colour) heading south towards Porte d'Orleans.

2. Only go 3 stops, then get off at Strasbourg Saint-Denis.

3. Head for metro line 9(pale green?) and use the platform signed Pont de Sevres.

4. 20 stops later you'll be at Porte de St-Cloud. Bon voyage!

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Metro Journey and cab fares

Thanks Dunq,

Do you know whether it is better to get a carnet of 10 tickets or the paris viste pass. I will be using them over a 4 day period, I had heard that you have to use a new ticket from the carnet each time you change metro lines - not sure if this is right!? If it is the other pass may end up costing less?!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Metro Journey and cab fares

Helking - last time I was in Paris (July last year), coincidently, Strasbourg St Denis was closed for construction work. I'm sure that is finished now. The only thing I can think is that there might be construction at some other station that the route planner knows about.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Metro Journey and cab fares

Thanks again Bob, I'm not going to be there until June ( I'm just so excited I can't help but research everything now), so it may be different when I'm there, perhaps the ratp site will give information on station closures?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Metro Journey and cab fares

helking

one ticket does your entire journey until you leve the metro. So you could change several times "underground" and use the same ticket. you rarely need to "swipe" your ticket after entering the system. Once you go above ground however, then you need to use a new ticket (for the return journey for instance). I have always found the carnet to be the handiest way to use the metro.