We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobilis card

Mauzens-et-Miremont...
Level Contributor
38 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Mobilis card

Hi

I am buying a mobilis card for my stay at the weekend and will be using it mostly on the rer/metro but wondered that if i use it on the bus do i have to stamp it or just show it to the driver.

Apologies if this has already been asked but searched the forum and websites and have found conflicting answers.

This site has been so helpful and helped with my planning so thank you to everyone.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,780 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobilis card

The driver is responsible for confirming that you board with a valid fare but he cannot confirm something that you quickly show him. You must place your Mobilis pass into the ticket reader, each time you board a bus, just as you must place it in a turnstile each time you enter the métro. It is the sound that the card reader makes that allows the driver quickly to determine you´re using a valid Mobilis pass.

Mauzens-et-Miremont...
Level Contributor
38 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobilis card

Wonderful, thank you. Some people had commented that it damaged the strip on the card if you used the ticket reader on the bus so i just wanted to make sure. I know in London you always have to use the reader although i realise its a touch screen there. Again, many thanks for the quick response and reassurance.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobilis card

Mobilis is 1 day ticket ( not 24 hrs) for all means of transportation within zones it was paid for.

Not necessarily best option, depending on your travel plans.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobilis card

This site is a good alternative to ratp for some information, as it is in both French and English:

vianavigo.com/en/…mobilis-pass

- Mobilis is a magnetic coupon on wich you should write your firstname, name and date of use.

- The coupon must be validated on each trip

Mauzens-et-Miremont...
Level Contributor
38 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobilis card

Thank you for the replies. The mobilis is probably going to be my best bet as i am lucky in so much that my neighbour lives in Paris and has a holiday home down here in the Dordogne. He is not going to be in Paris this weekend so has kindly offered me his flat which is in Zone 4.

6. Re: Mobilis card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 07:15