We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Crutches in Paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
American Crutches in Paris?

I am an American travelling in Paris, and just broke my leg. I have European crutches, but I've found that American crutches, which are placed under the armpit, are much easier to use and are less painful. Does anyone know which stores in Paris might sell American crutches?

Thanks so much!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Crutches in Paris?

I really don't know, but I'll bet the nearest pharmacy would be able to tell you. I know they are very helpful in going out of their way to be helpful. Much more so, IME, than American pharmacists.

BTW, whatever happened to cause you to break your leg on vacation, SUCKS! I hope you can at least sit in a sidewalk Cafe and self medicate.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Crutches in Paris?

Interesting...I was in Paris a couple of years ago with my American crutches, and they were no fun at all! I kept seeing folks with European crutches and was really envious....they looked as though they would be so much more comfortable! Guess not. But yes, do go to a pharmacie and inquire. And sorry about the leg!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Crutches in Paris?

I checked around at a couple of pharmacies, and nobody had anything other than the European-style crutches. My orthopediste offered to have them made for me, but said it would take about 2 weeks - but I guess that won't do you any good. At least you're in Paris and not sitting at home, though...

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Crutches in Paris?

I have a pair, purchased in the US, you can borrow if you like.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,256 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Crutches in Paris?

These people may be able to help you ... beaucler.fr/produits/…deplacement.html

They appear to have "Les cannes anglaises"

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Crutches in Paris?

This site might help as well: http://www.twenga.fr/bequilles-medicales.html

7. Re: American Crutches in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 00:05
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Crutches in Paris?

Pukeko - interesting. For your first ever TA post you bring up a thread from someone who broke their leg in Paris 8 months ago! Surely they are safely at home by now.

It would have been nice had they come back and said what they ended up doing, though.

9. Re: American Crutches in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2016, 05:17