We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG to Versailles Park

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
CDG to Versailles Park

Hello, I need your help! I plan to fly into CDG and then go straight to Versailles Park. I do not plan to visit the chateau: I just want to walk around the gardens and visit the Petit Trianon, Farm and other places associated with Marie Antoinette. This will be my first time in Paris, so I am a little daunted!

I have two questions:

1. Do I need to do anything different to anyone travelling from CDG to the chateau itself?

2. Can I just buy my entrance ticket to the Marie Antoinette places when I roll up there? I am travelling on a Tuesday in July and I hear the park itself is free to get into... right?!?

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

The parc is free but none of the buildings nor the hameau is free to enter. What will you do with your bags? There is no storage except entering the Chateau.

You could take RER-B into Paris and change to RER-C5 at St Michel/Notre Dame station.

www.ratp.fr/informer/pdf/orienter/f_plan.php…

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
560 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

Is there a back entrance to the park?

Edited: 04 May 2014, 13:57
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
560 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

I mean, is there a back entrance that you could work your way back from all the places you want to visit and end up at the chateau, where you could exit?

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

More a side entrance, two I believe... Refer to the estate map on the Chateau website. Look on the side nearest l'Hameau...

http://en.chateauversailles.fr/

- look for the interactive map

Paris, France
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

Can I just buy my entrance ticket to the non-chateau places when I roll up there? I am guessing there is no need for online reservation, even at the height of summer? Right?

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

Only the Chateau will have long lines, and they are long even in off-season. Might be less bad if you try entering late afternoon...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

I wrote in my original post: I am not going into the chateau!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

Sorry, my eyes did not see the 'non' in your post #5 but I think I've indirectly answered your real question.

A note - to visit the Hameau, you do buy a ticket inside the Petit Trianon, and then go through a gate to walk over to the 'farm'.

9. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 05:04
Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CDG to Versailles Park

@MGolarso: You know the verdant part of Versailles is humongous, non? Literally as far as the eye can see. To appreciate even part of it, you should at minimum rent a bike there. Will you have just a backpack?