We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Furnished Apartments Company

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Paris Furnished Apartments Company

Has anyone booked an apartment through Paris Furnished Apartments aka Roots Travel recently?

Were you pleased with their service? How about HouseTrip? I am going to Paris in October and am looking for a good company to deal with. Thanks, maggib

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

I will let you know- I booked through them for my upcoming trip. So far they have been helpful, responsive and I have even spoke with them on the phone..I like that they accept credit cards and they have a local office in the Marais. Plus they meet you at the apartment for a checkin so any complaints can be addressed immediately..They are not mentioned amongst the "recommended" you will see mentioned on the forum...but I could not find anything horrible about them either...I booked with them before reading the forum..as with many things in my life I sometimes do things in the wrong order but they always seem to go well....

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,988 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

Based on forum posts I would avoid using Housetrip.

I've never heard of Paris Furnished Apartments.

Edited: 03 May 2014, 17:08
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

I'd avoid Housetrip as well. Put the word Housetrip in the search box above. I'm not sure there's even one good review of them here on TA.

4. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:06
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

you can add perfectly paris and feels like home in Paris -- mostly Montmartre and nearby,but excellent well managed apartments. they are hands on managers not a listing service.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

Hi Maggi I was referring to PFA; not HT. there are a few posts on PFA...If you have not booked I would go with the ones recommended. BTW PFA lists on VBRO, flip key and TA; not as I have learned that that means much- but as I said I have spoken with them and been in communication several times- they seem legit; along with the reviews posted about the management, I took a leap of faith. But with this wise input here I would go with the recommended ones..

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

Like Kate, I too took a leap of faith and have booked an apartment in the Marais for the month of October through PFA. I had researched all the Paris apartment rental companies and decided on PFA because everything is paid by credit card (no cash exchanged) and the price includes everything (utilities, agency fee, basic insurance, etc.) except for a E40 cleanup fee. They respond quickly to emails. I thought I got a great price on a one bedroom. I did not find many reviews (especially current ones) but I liked the answers to their FAQs on their website. We'll see.... Will report back after stay.

8. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 23:05
san mateo, ca
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

I have been meaning to post- I had a great experience with PFA, my flight was delayed but my pre-arranged driver was there waiting for me and Ianto was there waiting to let me into the apartment and show me around. After traveling almost 15+ hours, to have all this handled and go smoothly was a plus. To be clear this was not a luxury apartment, a bit worn around the edges, but the location, the quietness and charm of the studio more than made up for anything that was missing..I would definitely rent through PFA again, in fact would rent the very same studio as I loved the neighborhood so much.

After reading all the posts about apartment rentals gone bad, I was very very nervous about going with an agency that was not recommended by the TA regulars- but have to say from my very first contact with PFA, including a reassuring phone call with Ianto, it went very smoothly.

10. Re: Paris Furnished Apartments Company

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 23:40
Edited: 11 July 2014, 23:40