We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About taxi fares and different types of taxis

Cachan, France
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
About taxi fares and different types of taxis

Hello,

I'm living / studying in Paris right now and my younger sister is coming to Paris for a visit next weekend. She's carrying two large and heavy carriers (she's going to stay here till July), so I suppose we will be taking a cab from CDG to my studio near Porte d'Orleans. I haven't taken a cab in Paris so I have no idea how the fare would be. How much should I expect to pay for a trip from CDG to Porte d'Orleans? Do caps usually take a bank card (I use societe generale), or is it better to prepare cash?

Also, just wondering, I noted that there are "normal" taxis (usual Renault / Citroen cars) and "luxurious" taxis (large Mercedes / Volvo cars) on the street. Is there a difference in fares between these taxi cars?

Merci :)

Edited: 03 May 2014, 22:36
los angeles
Level Contributor
9,057 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

Just get in the taxi queue outside the terminal. A regular taxi is fine. Expect to pay about 60 euros (may be a bit more in heavy traffic, and you are going all the way to the 14th, right?) You'll need cash.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,778 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

Do not accept offers from clandestine drivers soliciting from within the terminals. Proceed directly to the official taxi queue found curbside, straight out from Customs/baggage claim at most terminals. I would estimate the fare to be from 50€ to 60€ depending upon time of day and day of week. In additional to the metered fare, expect to pay 1€ for the second and subsequent bag placed into the trunk.

Tipping is not required, I usually round up to the nearest 5€. Most all taxis accept credit cards but I would ask in advance.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

A Mercedes maxi-taxi and a VW sedan charge exactly the same rates - the only difference would be if you have more than 3 passengers or lots of luggage. You would be charged a small supplement for both, in addition to the metered fare.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,778 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

The passenger supplement, 3€ each, starts with the 4th and subsequent riders.

Paris, France
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

Bonjour Jullian_J,

Je vous confirme le tarif entre 50-60€ suivant l'heure et le traffic avec 1€ par bagage.

Aucun supplément suivant la marque de la voiture mercedes ou citroen, juste si vous avez des gros bagages, le chauffeur d'une mercedes peut refuser car ils ne vont pas rentres dans son coffre.

Juste un petit rappel, pensez à prendre uniquement un TAXI dans les files d'attentes TAXI suivre les pancartes et en tête de la file une personne d'un gilet jaune de l’aéroport vous dirigera vers les vrais TAXI.

ATTENTION, ne pas suivre une personne dans l'aéroport qui vont dis qu'il est un TAXI.

Salutations.

Philippe le TAXI

PS : Je suis TAXI et reste à votre Service, si vous souhaitez.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,541 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

I hope nobody is going to report this for advertising/solicitation. He is not promoting a company, just a means of transport, the same as somebody would say 'Take the RER, €9,75 pp, about 30 mins to Gare du Nord" and is reiterating what has already been said -

"I can confirm that the tariff will be 50-60€, depending on the time of day and the traffic, with 1€ for each extra piece of luggage.

You do not pay any extra depending on the make of the car, but if you have lots of luggage, a Mercedes taxi may not take you because of lack of room in the boot/trunk.

Just to remind you, only take a taxi at the official line, by following the signs and at the front of the queue/line you will be directed to a taxi by an an official wearing the airport yellow hi-viz jacket.

Do not follow anyone in the terminal who says that he is a taxi driver.

At your service, Philippe, taxi driver"

7. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 07:42
Paris, France
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

Pericoloso,

je ne fais pas de publicité, j'apporte juste une réponse à une question qui a été posé.

Vous avez aussi raison, peut prendre le RER B pour aller sur Paris Gare du Nord, le prix reste à confirmer (je ne le connais pas, il suffit de regarder sur le site SNCF.fr)

J'indique juste que je suis Taxi pour confirmer mes dits, et je suis là pour répondre aux questions et pour aider les personnes, le but de ce forum.

bvw1234,

l'a bien compris. Merci

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,224 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

> this kind of posts by taxis can be very helpful actually

Aha, especially in an English-speaking forum.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,541 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: About taxi fares and different types of taxis

??????? Phillipe -

J'ai écrit 'J'espère qu'il ne sera pas accusé de faire de la publicité, parce qu'il donne des renseignements sur un moyen de transport et c'est comme si quelqu'un disait 'On peut prendre le RER.....'

Je ne vous condamnais pas - juste le contraire!