We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gare du Bercy vs Porte Maillot vs Porte Bagnolet?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Gare du Bercy vs Porte Maillot vs Porte Bagnolet?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a comparison through search.

I'm planning on taking an overnight bus from Paris to Amsterdam later this month.

I have researched and found three options, all of which leave Paris at around 11pm from these three stations:

- iDBus from Gare du Bercy

- Megabus from Porte Maillot

- Eurolines from Porte Bagnolet

My question is, given that I am a solo female with luggage, which station would be best for such a late night departure?

This will be my first time in Paris, so I am not familiar with any of the areas or what kind of people would hang around these stations so late at night.

Also, do any of them have left luggage (storage) facilities?

Thanks for your help!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$330.30*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
449 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gare du Bercy vs Porte Maillot vs Porte Bagnolet?

I only know the Porte Maillot terminal ( which is connected to Parus Beauvais airport where low costs are flying ), very safe area, not sure I have ever seen left luggage facilities nor waiting rooms. This is basically a huge parking and a ticket booth. Bagnolet is very famous and probably the one offering most facilities. Bercy is also a train station and there are some overnight trains to south of France leaving around 10/11pm so you won't ne on your own.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gare du Bercy vs Porte Maillot vs Porte Bagnolet?

Personally, I'd pop over to Bercy, have a meal at Venezia, right opposite the station and the family that run the place will happily send you on your way after a good Italian dinner to connect to your bus.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gare du Bercy vs Porte Maillot vs Porte Bagnolet?

I would without a doubt choose Bercy. Safe, more central and you can leave your luggage at the nearby Gare de Lyon (the two stations are next to each other).

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gare du Bercy vs Porte Maillot vs Porte Bagnolet?

Thanks so much for all your help! I've decided to take a morning bus out of Bercy :)

5. Re: Gare du Bercy vs Porte Maillot vs Porte Bagnolet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 05:17