We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance tickets in July?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advance tickets in July?

Can anyone tell me whether I should be pre-purchasing tickets to attractions I want to see with my family of 5 in July? Long and extended queuing just won't work with my husband and teenagers! I know of a website Skip The Line. If I could get some advice on this matter for Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Venice, Florence and Rome. I would really appreciate this.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,487 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advance tickets in July?

Theres only a few places that will have "long extended queuiing" . A Museum Pass is a good idea.. especially if all your teens are 17 or younger.. as they will be free at most places( so do not need pass) but will be able to skip the lines with you as a passholder. The exceptions are : Eiffel Tower.. the pass is no good there.. BUT you can all line up for the stairs.. line is shorter and moves faster then line for elevators. . And The Towers of Notre Dame.. the Museum PAss will cover your admission.. BUT will not allow you to skip the VERY long VERY slow moving line.. only solution there is to get in the line for the Towers at least 45 minutes before it opens. Line for Towers is on side of building.. it is not the line you will see for the church.. which can snake back and forth across the square in front of Notre Dame.. it looks scary.. but its not the line for the church moves fairly steadily.. the line for the Towers is horrible though.. they can only let 20 people up at once..

Lines are only really an issue at Versailles,Orsay, Orangerie , St Chapelle and sometimes the Louvre ( but not always.. do avoid using main pyramid entrance,, it usually is longer then one via Caroseul mall.

PS My teen boys enjoyed the Invalids Army Museum very much,, as did my 11 yr old dd and I .. and having been several times in summer can atttest the line there is rarely more then 10 minutes and its never crowded inside.. and its very interesting. !

2. Re: Advance tickets in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 07:16