We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower

I am going for lunch at the Eiffel Tower as part of a guided tour and my ticket is only valid for the first floor, is there a ticket office on the 1st floor that I can buy a ticket to the top or do I have to buy one on the ground level?

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower

Once you're on the first floor, I don't think they'll check your ticket to travel up to the 2nd floor. The problem, however, is that the line for the elevator on the first floor gets really long, because they can only let people on to the elevator if people get off on the first floor.

I believe you could walk to the second floor without any problems.

There is a ticket office on the 2nd floor for going to the top.

2. Re: Eiffel Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 06:07
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower

So far as I know, you cannot get on the elevator going up from the first level, only going down.

The stairs require a ticket, so you'll not likely be able to use those to the second level.

Unless you plan to leave the tour, you won't have time to go to the top and rejoin the group.

eiffel-tower.com/images/…20tower_eng.pdf

Note Section III, Article 16.

4. Re: Eiffel Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16