We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

three adults and a child with bags in one taxi?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
india
Level Contributor
270 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
three adults and a child with bags in one taxi?

we will arriving at cdg after a long flight.I want to know if all of us can be accommodated in one taxi with atleast 3 to 4 big bags and same small one .Option of RER is also open but I learned that cost of tickets for four of us will be nearly same if we take routine taxi out of terminal,but if we need to take bigger taxi with extra charge or take two taxis than I would prefer RER.

Thanks

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: three adults and a child with bags in one taxi?

Follow the signs to the TAXIS. Get in the official taxi line where there is a dispatcher. The Dispatcher will call up a taxi for you. Don't accept a ride from someone offering a ride to you. Get in the official Taxi line.

A recent post on a family larger than yours.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k74520…

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,968 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: three adults and a child with bags in one taxi?

What are ¨big bags¨? If they are much larger than 24¨ or 65 cm, you may not be able to place them all in any trunk. A single taxi should accommodate you but some people carry enormous amounts of luggage.

india
Level Contributor
270 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: three adults and a child with bags in one taxi?

Thanks both of you....big bags are judt 20 kg each.

Do we need to bargain with taxi guys or it runs by meter?

elizzie your thread has given answers to lot of my querries....thx again

Edited: 14 May 2014, 12:33
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: three adults and a child with bags in one taxi?

No, you don't bargain with the taxi drivers... it is all done with meters. But there is a surcharge of one euro for each bag after the first placed in the trunk and 3 euros for the 4th passenger. As mentioned above, the dispatcher will put you in a cab appropriate for your party. Many taxis are minivans so there won't be a problem with your group.

It is always a good idea to have the address of your destination written on a piece of paper you can hand the driver. The hotel name as well.

india
Level Contributor
270 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: three adults and a child with bags in one taxi?

Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: three adults and a child with bags in one taxi?

Depending on the age of your child, the driver might not charge for him/her, especially if sitting in someone's lap.

Taxis won't have child seats available, just FYI.

Remember to print the complete address of your destination, including the Postal Code, to avoid any confusion.

7. Re: three adults and a child with bags in one taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:17