We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight train from Paris to Florence question

New Jersey
Level Contributor
91 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight train from Paris to Florence question

Well, we are headed to Europe in July and we are more than excited! My husband, daughter (16) and I are traveling with a group from our local high school. We are taking an overnight train from Paris to Florence and I was curious about the "accomodations" we could expect on the train. Could someone fill me in on what we have in store for us. I am sure we are traveling "coach" but have been told we get a "sleeper"-not sure what that means.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$329.60*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,145 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight train from Paris to Florence question

Hopefully this will help: seat61.com/….U3OR0PldWxU

You might also try searching or posting your question on the TA Train Travel Forum.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight train from Paris to Florence question

So far as I know, there is no overnight train from Paris to Florence. The only overnight train that I know of runs from Paris to Venice and is best avoided, as it gets very poor reviews. You can take this train as far as Milan, and change there in the small hours of the morning for a train to Florence.

A low-cost airline is a better option.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,145 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight train from Paris to Florence question

The seat61 site shows a change in Milan at 7:15 to Florence. This would not be my idea of fun or adventure, but it sounds like the OP is already booked.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,911 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight train from Paris to Florence question

we did Florence to Paris in 2003; I think the trains have changed since then but in those days 'coach' would have been six narrow ledges in a small car with 6 people jammed into those narrow ledges, 3 high, with their luggage in the car. Hell on earth IMHO. I am sure teens will enjoy partying the night away in one of these hellholes -- but you wouldn't catch me every trying it.

we had a two person bunk cabin that was fairly comfortable but once in a lifetime was more than enough.

we needed to take the train because we had 70 pounds of books. Otherwise flying is faster, more comfortable and cheaper than taking a train on this journey. Last time we did this we flew Florence/Paris for 150 for the two of us. This was about half what the night train cost with our private room for two.

5. Re: Overnight train from Paris to Florence question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:17