We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Paris

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 days in Paris

Hello Friends

I will be spending 3 days in Paris in July with wife & infant child

1 day i will be spending in disneyland,1 day in the city & versailles palace

Need help on deciding where should I spend the third day I was thinking about Mt saint Michel but want to know is it worth spending 115 euros per person & 14 hours a day

Apart from Mt St Michel what do you suggest for a day trip of about 8-9 hours

your recommendation will be highly appreciated

Thank You

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,113 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Paris

You really don't have enough time for all that. You also don't have 3 full days, unless you are spending at least 4 nights. Your first day is already have gone by the time you check into your hotel. Travelling with an infant is also another level of travel as you need to adjust your schedule to the needs of a child, which is a lot of rest among many things. Added to that there is so much Paris has to offer and you are not doing it justice by just sniffing the air in a "Been there and Done that" mode. Go to Versailles. Spend the rest of the time in Paris. You have no time to run to MSM with an infant in tow (well, you may have the time but the trouble will not be worth while, another "sniff" of the air). As to Disney, will an infant really appreciate that? Or is that visit more for the infant in the adults. Spend time in Paris. Keep in mind that Versailles is very busy and crowded and is closed on Mondays. Happy travels.

Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Paris

Very Ambitious plan, Drop Saint Micheal and spend a second day in the city.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,893 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Paris

Why are you coming to Paris if you want to spend your entire visit out of the city?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Paris

Your plan is a bit like saying "I'm spending three days in Delhi", then planning to see Agra and Delhi over one day, Rajasthan over a second one, and wondering whether you should go to Bombay for the third one.

I also hope you are aware that a lot of rides in DLP will be out of bounds for an infant, so unless this trip is for one of the parent (while the other would keep your baby), I would also skip this part. Spend the full three days in Paris, with possibly a large half day in Versailles if this is *really* on your must-do list.

Wou)ve been given similar advice on your Italy / Switzerland "marching trip", so you see it's not a Parisian thing :D

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,326 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Paris

Unless you are desperate to see Disneyland this is going to be a nightmare with an infant as you won't be able to take the baby on most rides and so will be standing around taking turns. Really a terrible destination with a baby.

Versailles is not in Paris but is an hour away and pretty much a full day trip to do it justice.

You are coming so far that it seems a shame to spend most of your time on travel logistics and so little actually enjoying what you came to see.

You need 4 nights 3 days for Paris -- not counting Versailles and Disneyland. Less really is more. And even more so with an infant. Focus less on 'covering things' and more on enjoying spending some time doing them.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Paris

So according to your plan you aren't actually going to visit Paris if you go to Disneyland, Versaille & Mt St Michele since none are in Paris.

Perhaps you don't realize that?

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in Paris

All good advice.

Don't go to St Michel for a start, don't go to Disney unless you want to for yourself .

Going to Versailles is a good idea usually done when you have travelled several days in Paris.

Paris is a relatively small city (1 or 2 millions people) but still a lot to see... actually Paris deserves much more than 3 days... don't 'waste' them by going elsewhere.

best regards.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days in Paris

Thanks for everyone's advice. Can you please suggest To-do's and best places to visit in Paris?

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 days in Paris

All of those things are found with a simple google search or a quick read through a guidebook. You only have three days. You're going to have to carefully select the very few things you will have time to do, and how can strangers possibly select those for you in any successful way? The "best places to visit" are the places that are personally enticing to you and your travel partner. Otherwise, even if 99% of other visitors call it a MUST DO, it's worthless.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,113 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 days in Paris

Dear OP, I have followed our threads here, the Italy and the Switzerland forums. Please, temper your ambitions, while they are great in the scheme of life, it's another story when you are traveling on a short trip with a baby in tow. As mentioned time and again, Less Is More. Start with good guide books (you can always check them out in the library) and read up on the history of places you want to go, their geographic placements and plot your way from there. With more information come back and posters will be able to help you better.