We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG arrivals question

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
137 posts
543 reviews
Save Topic
CDG arrivals question

Next month I am flying to CDG on Air France from Vienna, Austria arriving 9:15 am. I will need to meet up with a friend flying to CDG also on Air France but from the US (IAD). She arrives ahead of me, around 7 am. Any suggestions on how to figure out what terminals we will be flying into and/or what might be a good meeting place? My cell phone should work with wifi access, not sure if hers will work overseas so we want to have a plan. My flight confirmation from Expedia says Terminal 2D but I tried to look it up via easycdg.com and it said Air France from Vienna arrives at 2F so I'm confused. TIA.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG arrivals question

Since arrival (and departure) gates are always subject to change - and because you are arriving in different terminals - perhaps best to meet in a restaurant or bar or even a hotel outside the secured area. This hotel …ibis.com/gb/…index.shtml for instance is very near Terminal 3 and is connected to all terminals via the free shuttle/tram (CDGVAL). It is also very close to the RER B that will take you into central Paris. Also, mine this board for the same questions and you will likely find a more detailed answer with regard to what restaurant or other specific place to meet inside the airport.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,411 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG arrivals question

that is a long time to wait around especially if the second flight is late as they often are --

I would plan to meet at the hotel and take the train in --

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
13,299 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG arrivals question

hi

if you install Skype on both phones and make sure you accept each others contact you can use wifi at cdg to chat/leave message. Wifi is free for 15 min at a time at CDG then waiting a few minutes gets you back in for another 15.

the best answer I have seen is that the first person that arrives goes to meet the second person at the arrival gate of the second person. So as long as she has your flight # she will be able to find you.

Your friend will be going through customs which will take time. Since there is no customs within the Schengen zone, your friend's wait time could be short.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
137 posts
543 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG arrivals question

Thanks - these are good suggestions. I am the one traveling within Schengen, the later arrival, so hopefully by the time she gets through customs she won't have so long to wait.

5. Re: CDG arrivals question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16