We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG Terminal 2E

seattle
Level Contributor
407 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
CDG Terminal 2E

Can anyone tell me where the Information desk and ATM machines are in terminal 2E? We will be arriving on Delta's flight from Seattle and I would like to use the Information desk to purchase the 2 day Paris Museum Pass and carnet of Metro tickets.

I am still weighing the pros and cons of buying the museum pass. I know I won't be able to see all of the museums in 2 days but I'm hoping to avoid the long lines to purchase tickets, specifically at the Louvre, D' Orsay, and Orangerie.

Are there many ATM's at the airport? Before or after the Passport Control?

Merci'

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$329.40*
Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG Terminal 2E

if all you plan to see are those three museums, it's probably not worth buying the pass.

In my experience, the long lines at the Louvre are for security, not buying tickets. I haven't had to wait for more than 1 or 2 people in front of me to buy tickets, even this past July when the security line took 40 minutes. The PMP won't let you skip the security line.

For the Orsay museum, you can buy a ticket at Orangeries which will let you in both museums. Orangerie almost never has a significant line.

There is an ATM in that terminal after passport control and customs. It's a travelex ATM -- it will offer to convert the withdrawal to US Dollars for you -- SAY NO. It's a giant ripoff.

Have a great time!

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
698 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG Terminal 2E

When we were at the Louvre, there was an express line for people with passes or advance tickets. They still had to go through security, but skipped to the front of the line.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,142 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG Terminal 2E

I'd be cautious of using a Travelex owned ATM. I could be wrong, but I would think that there's a possibility of them charging withdrawal fees or offering a poor exchange rate - perhaps both. There should be plenty of other ATM's from HSBC bank available.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG Terminal 2E

I used the travelex at 2E. There were no additional fees. They just try to get you by offering to convert the withdrawal to dollars at an outrageous exchange rate.

5. Re: CDG Terminal 2E

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 10:15