We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any input on this VRBO listing?

review_my_hotel
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Any input on this VRBO listing?

Hello,

I've posted a few threads in preparation of my Paris visit in Sept and have narrowed it down to either renting a Hotel on Rue Jacob or an apartment(still need to convince my husband on this one). There is an apartment of interest on vrbo and I wanted some feedback on it. Please help!

http://www.vrbo.com/474294ha#

Thanks so much!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

I personally wouldn't ruin my vacation with a cheap sofabed (and imho, that does not look like a high quality one). And it's a ground floor apartment, meaning if it's warm and you want to open the windows, it could be extremely loud.

I would just get the hotel, personally.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,165 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

hi

having read the reviews what stood out was "having the shutters closed" and ground floor location 2 things that would take this apt. to the bottom of my list.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

Yeah, this wouldn't be my first pick of apartments either. It's the shutter thing. If you can't open them, I'd feel like a vampire by the end of the stay.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

In all honesty, it's extremely unlikely that you're going to find an apartment for September that is a good value with nice amenities. People often book their September apartment a year in advance. What's available now is the stuff people don't want for a variety of reasons.

At this point, be happy if you find a nice hotel room you can afford. September is probably the busiest month in Paris. It's peak season.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

I have to agree that staying on the first floor isn't ideal. When is this trip? If it's hot I wouldn't want to open the windows to the street and there's no a/c. I now see that you can't even open the shutters. That would bother me.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

Ah, September. Yes, find a nice hotel. rue Jacob is a good location.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,956 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

You're only staying 5 nights, so I'd probably stick with a hotel.

review_my_hotel
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

Thank you for your input. I'll skip this property.

One last try at this before giving up on Apartments.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2321761

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

The description also says "the apartment is not proper for little children," and I believe from your other posts that you have a young child.

I agree with the others, book the hotel and cross it off your to-do list. :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,956 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any input on this VRBO listing?

This apartment does nothing for me. I saw no mention of what floor it is on, and there's just one window in the whole place. Seriously, I'd prefer a triple room at the Hotel des Grandes Ecoles over this place.