We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

Hi, I am due to arrive at CDG, from USA, on a Monday @ 11:20 AM. I will be staying at the Hotel Du Cadran, 10 rue du Champ de Mars, which is near the Eiffel Tower. I looked at the RATP website, and I believe I need to take the RER B, then M4, then M8, at which point it looks like i need to walk for 3-4 blocks. For those that know the area well, is this the route you would take, or would you do it differently? Thanks for your suggestions.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.20*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
659 Reviews
from US$73.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,216 Reviews
from US$120.80*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
822 Reviews
from US$123.30*
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

I'd probably do the RER B to saint Michel Notre Dame and change there for the RER C to Pont de L'Alma. It would be more walking above ground for sure but would be fewer changes and take less time overall.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

Another option is to take the Roissy Bus to Opera and then take Line 8 to Ecole MIlitaire. Bus costs 10 Euros and then you have to purchase a ticket for the metro.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,669 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

Unless you know the métro well, I would take a taxi - about 50€.

I don´t understand the RER B to M4 and M8 plan unless you mean exiting at Gare du Nord to connect to M4 to Strasbourg/St Denis for the M8 connection. If I were to take the RER B, I would change at Châtelet to RER A, connect to M8 at Auber, exit Ecole Militaire.

Mentioned in this post
Nord
Nord
Hauts-de-France, France
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

Did you look at a map of the metro system and select the route that you mentioned -- RER B to Metro line 4 to Metro Line 8? The RATP offers a trip planner that gives directions and offers you the options of fastest, least amount of walking or least amount of connections. See www.ratp.fr/en. If you use that site, make sure that you enter Parisian time so you do not accidentally get night time directions. The directions in post 1 are the fastest and least amount of connections. The ones in Post 3 are the least amount of walking. Do you have a lot of luggage?

Cambridge
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

You can get a shuttle that the hotel books for you. It is a private car service but always reliable. The older we get it is the best option for us with luggage etc. It is more expensive than most shuttles and definitely more expensive than public transportation but it is our splurge.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,669 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

Shuttles in Paris are neither reliable nor are they generally less expensive than the other numerous transportation options. Taxis are consistently less expensive than private shuttles, and buses/trains are consistently less expensive than are shared ride shuttles.

In the airport transportation markets, either CDG or ORY, I would advise against using any type of shuttle service.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,162 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

'private' in the ground transportation system of Paris just means 'we don't answer to anyone and if we don't show we will keep your money'

take a taxi -- fastest and most reliable

if you take the RER/metro be sure you are traveling light enough to easily manage luggage up and down stairs and be sure you have stowed all valuables so you are pickpocket proof -- in particular you don't want a wallet in your pocket as you struggle up stairs with luggage or cram into a crowded car -- use a money belt in transit or else make sure the wallet is well stowed in the bottom of a bag that is under your access control.

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

Colorado
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

Stayed there in late April. Took RER-B from CDG to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame, transfered to RER-C to Invalides, transfered to M8 to Ecole Militaire. To enjoy a longer walk, you can also take RER-B from CDG to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame, transfer to RER-C to Pont de l'Alma.

Edited: 16 May 2014, 16:18
Cambridge
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

Janet I wasn't suggesting anyone use this service, just saying it existed.

" 'private' in the ground transportation system of Paris just means 'we don't answer to anyone and if we don't show we will keep your money'.

That may be true but I doubt it is the norm. I was just stating our experience and how it works for us. In 8 years they have been reliable when we used them.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CDG to Hotel Du Cadran

Can we please stop with the "four legs good two legs bad" type chanting concerning taxis versus private shuttles. I wish people here would stop making blanket statements about all private shuttles being bad. "SOME people have had problems with SOME shuttle companies" is a fairer comment.

I used to use a private shuttle a fair bit for work and the service they provided was excellent - much better than a taxi. I have also had some bad experiences with taxis. Yes, private shuttles are more expensive than taxis, but no one is disputing that. I have found them to be around 20-30% more expensive than a walk-up taxi ride. But, if someone knows of a good private shuttle wants to splash out and pay the extra, then that's their choice.

Personally, I think getting a taxi to/from the airports is a good idea and this is what I'd recommend in most cases, mainly because it's so easy and they are always available. This does not mean that a private shuttle is necessarily a bad idea, just that it will cost more and require time spent arranging pick-up, etc. Just like any business, there are good 'uns and bad 'uns. No need to constantly tar all of them with the same brush.