We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from CDG to Pace de la republique.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kearny, NJ
Level Contributor
63 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
transport from CDG to Pace de la republique.

I am staying (family of 3) at the crowne plaza at the place de la republique, besides expensive taxis or vans, what is another way to get there, is there a shuttle or bus that takes you to that section of Paris? or train will be closer to hotel? Mind that I would have to walk with luggage (the person who put wheels on suitcases deserves a billion $) I get to CDG at 06:30am, on a Thursday, assume by the time I get out it will be close to rush hour and hard to be on metro with luggage (did that in Shanghai, very crowded).

I heard of an air france bus, anywhere close to Place de la republique?

Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from CDG to Pace de la republique.

The Air France bus doesn't go anywhere near Republique. The good news is the Republique is in the northeast corner of Paris, in the same general direction of CDG. Taxi fare shouldn't run you more than 40-45 euros tops.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from CDG to Pace de la republique.

This is what i found on buses.

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/fr-FR/Passagers/Acce…

Seems the closest to Bastille a bus comes is Gare de Lyon and from there you have at least 3 kms.

So I'd recommend a taxi. Will cost about 50-60 €, by RER it will cost you about 25 €. After a long flight it may be well invested to take a cab. 8 am starts being problematic traffic wise, unless you come in july/august when Paris is not working...

Kearny, NJ
Level Contributor
63 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from CDG to Pace de la republique.

thank you, yes I will be there July 4th, so traffic not as bad? 60E not as bad as I thought.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from CDG to Pace de la republique.

Hi Jcl

4th of july may not be as empty as that - most Parisians start holidays after 14 of july (Bastille day).

Happy is probably nearer the truth with 45-50 € - Bastille is indeed on east side, I'm used to paying from La Defense, west side. Take an official taxi...

Have a nice vacation !

5. Re: transport from CDG to Pace de la republique.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 07:16