We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations for 5 + infant. Edge of Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Accomodations for 5 + infant. Edge of Paris

Hi Im trying to find accommodations for 6 in Paris for the end of June. I've spent hours and come up with only very seedy looking places or places well above my budget of 400 a night. I'm now considering one of the Novotel suites on the out skirts or La Defense. Paris does not seem to have any triples or family rooms left.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations for 5 + infant. Edge of Paris

Is that 400 Euros or Dollars a night? Helpful if you post your budget in Euros. How many bedrooms do you need? What configuration of beds?

Just did a quick search on VRBO, and there are properties available for last week of June, first of July....but more details would help narrow the search.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations for 5 + infant. Edge of Paris

SuiteNovotel is an excellent chain if it is within your budget. I particularly like the fact that all of the rooms (suites) have a coffeemaker, microwave oven and sink. I would probably prefer one of the places at Porte de la Chapelle or Porte de Montreuil over La Défense, though (preferably Porte de Montreuil, come to think of it).

Meanwhile, you can find plenty of cheaper places in the outer arrondissements of Paris with triple or quadrulple rooms, rarely luxurious but often with a certain charm. I don't think any place will accommodate 6 people in one room.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations for 5 + infant. Edge of Paris

It's a tough spot that you are in because June is a very busy time and you need two triples. Is the 400 budget euros and for both rooms. Have you looked at the Ibis Hotels?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodations for 5 + infant. Edge of Paris

The Ibis hotels all over the place (except in the central arrondissements) are a good option and very often have the option of adjoining rooms.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodations for 5 + infant. Edge of Paris

Most places along the périphérique are somewhat seedy except for southeast and northwest near the two wooded parks. Best to stay in a suburb along the métro if everything in Paris is booked but La Défense is completely charmless.

Have you looked at Boulogne, Montreuil, Vincennes, Charenton, Maisons-Alfort, Ivry, Montrouge, Malakoff, Sèvres?

For instance Résidence Aurmat in Boulogne has a 2-bedroom apartment for 6 adults at 200 € a night on a June weekend. I found them on booking.com. It would be 15 minutes direct to the Eiffel Tower area, St-Germain and Latin Quarter, so not inconvenient at all for a tourist.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodations for 5 + infant. Edge of Paris

You could try:

http://www.villa-daubenton.com/en/

7. Re: Accomodations for 5 + infant. Edge of Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:17