We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more week..

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
One more week..

We will be there 5/24-5/31 and also going to Normandy. My sister went a few years ago and said it was chilly in Normandy. Weather right now looks nice in Paris. With some rain at times. Planning to pack mainly jeans , tops, cardigans and nicer pants/tops/dresses for dinner . My SIL said she is bringing shorts for my brother and nephew but I read that's a No No... We have comfy shoes too. Probably packing too much but worried weather could change. Any other tips?? We have tours lined up and dinner reservations each night .. Staying at hotel D'Aubusson on the left bank. Will have 6 teens ages 15-21 with us. Are there any clubs nearby ? I know that they will want to go to a club one night..thanks

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more week..

Layers! You want to pack layers!

Shorts for the kids are fine. Adults don't really wear them in Europe, but nobody is going to arrest you. I highly, highly doubt shorts will be needed. Check the forecasts.

There are lots of threads on how to pack lightly. If you're not staying in one place, please give them serious consideration. You do not want to be hauling a 50 pound suitcase per person!!!

I hope you have a great time!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more week..

All sorts of adult Parisians were wearing shorts today since it was much warmer than expected. The tourists were not wearing shorts because they were caught off guard or had perhaps been told by someone or other that shorts are not worn. Shorts have been popular, even in the big city, for at least the last 15 years. If you don't see many Parisians wearing shorts during the week, it is because they are going to work.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One more week..

Yeah. shorts at work... not yet welcome.

4. Re: One more week..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:17