We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Door to door luggage transfers by train

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
367 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Door to door luggage transfers by train

We heard that there Is a facility to transfer luggage from one hotel to another when travelling by train in France. Do you have any information relating to this, e..g transport luggage from Paris to Bayeaux, using Regional trains and from Tours to Bordeaux, using Tgv.

Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Door to door luggage transfers by train

I have used this service several times when moving city in France for work and have found it easy and efficient. If you speak French see http://bagages.voyages-sncf.com/ I don't know if this page is available in English.

It costs 36€ for the first suitcase of a normal size and 20€ for each one after that. Luggage is picked up and delivered in a window time slot of either 8.00 - 12.00 or 12.00 - 17.00.

Note that that the pick up and drop off are any time within those time slots, so it can be difficult to do same day, although I have not tried this. If you miss drop off or pick up, you need to call to reschedule and it will not usually be until the next day at least. Perhaps someone else has experience of using the service same day.

Edited: 22 May 2014, 04:24
the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Door to door luggage transfers by train

My mother in law uses this service when visiting us and has always has always has to send her bag a day ahead of travel.

Sydney
Level Contributor
367 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Door to door luggage transfers by train

Thank you

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Door to door luggage transfers by train

Yes, SNCF does this. You'd best speak and read French, though.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Door to door luggage transfers by train

How about sending luggage from Paris drop off station to pick up point at Amsterdam? Does anyone know any information about this?

6. Re: Door to door luggage transfers by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:15