We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 6 require an apartment

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 6 require an apartment

I am searching for suggestions for an apartment to stay in this summer. I will be arriving via Eurostar and then departing via Charles de Gaulle airport. Transportation needs to be straight forward.

Accommodation needs to be functional, within a budget and in a safe location. Ideally able to walk to attractions or one-two stops on bus or train.

Advice appreciated.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

First,,,you are booking very late, many of us booked months ago.

Also, more info ,saying "budget " means different thing to different people. How many euros a week or night can I afford.

Also ,helpdu

To know ages of xhildren., can they share beds etc

Haslet, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

I would like some info on this also. We need 4 rooms and no my kids cant share a bed but maybe a room so just 3 rooms, that would not be my choice. Budget for me would be around 300 a night or less. We would need transportation from CDG. Trains or metro.

Haslet, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

I would like some info on this also. We need 4 rooms and no my kids cant share a bed but maybe a room so just 3 rooms, that would not be my choice. Budget for me would be around 300 a night or less. We would need transportation from CDG. Trains or metro.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

m-of-connor - also for this summer? By "rooms" do you mean bedrooms? So, four bedrooms for 300 Euros a night???

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,034 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

when you want a luxury accommodation with many bedrooms, which are rather rare in Paris, you cannot expect to pay budget prices especially with last minute booking. You would need 3 hotel rooms for everyone to have his or her own bed and you could do that for 300 Euro if you go to the fringes and book a budget hotel.

Centreparis is the budget rental agency -- you might look there to see if they have anything that would work for you.

Haslet, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

Do not need luxury. Would like an apartment or home to rent for a week in that price range.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

It cannot be emphasized enough that space is at a premium in Paris and most apartments and hotel rooms are tiny. Because of this, a three or four bedroom apt is not only rare, but will be extremely pricey. Most of the apt we have looked at over the years have also included a sofa bed as part of the sleeping arrangements, too, once you get above two people.

For instance, i just looked at Vacations in Paris, a well-know agency on this forum. They list three places suitable for 6 - 7 people. All are 2-bedroom apt.

I think Janet is correct, and your best bet is to get multiple hotel rooms (just be aware that in Paris, most are for two people only, and you must declare everyone in the room, even babies.) You will probably have ti up your budget, too, to stay more centrally.

Sorry.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

M-of-Connor...I see you're new to TA. It's considered impolite to post on someone else's thread with a separate question that doesn't pertain to the OP. You're looking for a specific (budget) accommodation.

You might post your own question for two reasons...so the OP's request doesn't get lost and so it doesn't get confusing trying to figure out whose reply is to whom.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

Thank you so much for your comments, I just found them.

I am looking at going in October and the opportunity has only recently became available to travel.

I have sent out a few enquires, most places are available for the dates I am looking at. I get concerned when people ask for money to be wired so would appreciate inside knowledge.

I just sent an equiry to tripadvisor.com.au/VacationRentalReview-g187… they appear very new, reasonable price and accept online payment. I assume that is safe. The link took my to a holidayletting.co.uk site

I prefer self contained apartment with easy access to Eurostar terminal as that is how we will arrive.

My budget is up to 1500 Euros for 4 nights.

Children will share beds if required, they are going to Paris they don't get a choice most of their time will be outside seeing the wonderful sights :)

Ideally I would like two bedrooms and walking distance to a few attractions.

Regarding things to do, I have been recommended to do the Blue Bike Tour please suggest any others suitable for a large family, youngest child is 10.

Thank you again

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family of 6 require an apartment

Bec I would not rent a new place with no reviews. Also have u simply goog

Ed for reviews on holidayuk let's etc?