We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum pass worth it?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Topic
Museum pass worth it?

Looking at going to the louvre, Versailles, dorsay, saint chapelle, maybe Rodin. We will be there next week may 28 for 7 days. I wanted to spread them out over the week by buying single tickets, but are the lineups really bad for single tickets at this time of year? I would only get the pass in order to skip lines then I would have to cram everything into 4 days to be worth the price. Thanks in advance

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,255 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum pass worth it?

Most of the lines are for security checks and even with a museum pass you still need to clear security.

Toronto
Level Contributor
941 posts
456 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum pass worth it?

Cramming into four days makes it far more difficult to get your money's worth.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum pass worth it?

You're discussing five locations over four days. I would think you would have absolutely no trouble visiting St Chapelle and Rodin museum on the same day, one in the morning & one in the afternoon. That leaves you with one of the other (more major and time-consuming) sites on each of the other three days. Just make sure you start your usage of the pass on the correct day so that you can plan visits when the sites are not closed.

Lockhart, Texas
Level Contributor
485 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum pass worth it?

It's kind of a tossup. Yes, there can be a significant line for those without passes/tickets, quite apart from security. And economically, the pass is a bargain. But, yes. You do get a little shell-shocked spending all of each day at museums. I guess I wouldn't count the cost too much. It's better to relax and enjoy. Get in line early. It's no bargain if you're stressed. Rodin is not really time-consuming, depending on what's temporary indoors. Versailles and d'Orsay are so large that you're making serious choices about what to see in them, anyway.

I've done it both ways, and there's not much to strongly recommend either way.

5. Re: Museum pass worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:16