We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping, Longchamps on sale

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping, Longchamps on sale

I am in Paris studying abroad for the next 6 weeks, I leave the very beginning of July. I have been a Longchamp fan forever and would like to replace my old worn out one while here in Paris. I was planning on buying one soon seeing as mine is falling apart but I recently read that the sale season begins the end of June. My question is: Is Longchamp one of the stores that will be participating in the sales? In which case I will hold off buying or do the designer stores not take part in the sale season? As a student traveling the savings would be much appreciated! Thanks XX

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

I don't know specifically about the Longchamps store, but the Galleries Lafayette had Longchamps on sale during last years soldes. I bought a wallet at a savings of about 40% and the two young ladies I traveled with bought a Pliage bag each, at a 20-25% savings. I think they only put on sale discontinued colors or styles though, not the current stock, if that matters to you.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

Even at regular price they are close to 40% less in Paris than in the US.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,843 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

Longchamp will participate in the sales but only selected items will be reduced in price. Often it is stuff in unusual colours that was season's collection.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

Last July, the Longchamp shop on Rue du Vieux Combier didn't have much on sale, but the CDG duty free store had a TON of stuff on sale.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

Ditto to what TracieKnits said about the CDG duty free shop. When not on sale, these are still great prices. I had heard from a flight attendant that duty free was where to buy Longchamps, and I was happy I waited. Shop in the city and if you find something wonderful, buy it, but you won't be disappointed with the duty free prices. With an international ticket and a passport, you will be pleased with your final cost...at least, I was!

Taipei, Taiwan
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

Contrary to popular belief, the prices of Longchamp bags are not standard in Paris. The prices of Galleries Lafayette match that of Longchamp owned stores but Franck Parienti charges much higher prices (same as what I would pay duty free at home). When I contacted the store, they promised to give me a reply but subsequently went AWOL.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 14:34
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,080 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

A couple years ago we were in Paris at the same time you will be. We hit the Longchamp store on rue saint honore on the first day of the sale and found some beautiful items! We went back a week or so later and it was definitely picked over, so we were glad we happened upon it the first day. DD bought a beautiful navy blue leather handbag that she still uses, so it is not all odd colors, etc. But yes, you do need to go early for best selection.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

Seasoned shoppers, correct me if I my memory fails me, but I'm pretty sure I bought the medium, Longchamps long handled tote that retails in the US for $145 for less than $100 (USD) at an CDG duty free shop. I think I got an additional discount off of the label price when I showed the clerk my airline ticket (to the US) and my passport. Anyway, I came home a happy Longchamp bag owner! There were some items on sale at the CDG shop, but that's going to be hit or miss. I was looking for a certain bag and left the store happy.

MHC_NYC, if you are in the city and see a bag that you love at a price you can live with, go for it, but know that you will have a last chance at an airport duty free shop before you leave. The hard part is that there are no "go backs" from there. <:-( , but you'll probably go home >:-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

Thanks everyone! I found a great condition used Longchamp in a thrift shop today for 20 euros, now I think I'll wait for the sale to see what is reduced, otherwise i'll shop the duty free on my way home for that travel bag I have been craving. Any other shopping suggestions for my time in Paris are much appreciated!

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
941 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping, Longchamps on sale

You might try here: http://www.lamaroquinerieparisienne.com/

Service is a bit gruff but they gave me 20% off the price shown on the suitcase I bought.