We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at Saint Michael or Louvre Chatelet with kids ?

manama
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
staying at Saint Michael or Louvre Chatelet with kids ?

Im travelling to Paris for 3 nights in august with my husband and 2 kids age 8 and 4. Im not sure where to stay. Im between staying at hotel les rives du notre dame in Saint Michael 6th arr or to stay at hotel saint james albany at Louvre chatelet at 1 arr. Both room size will be same ad for first one it will be suit and the second options two connected room. Which area and hotel do you think it will better option for us to stay ?

Please advise

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at Saint Michael or Louvre Chatelet with kids ?

I would suggest the hotel with two connecting rooms, since that will give you two bathrooms. Other than that, there is not that much difference in the areas, other than the hotels being on opposite sides of the river. It will be easy to reach all the usual attractions from either hotel.

manama
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at Saint Michael or Louvre Chatelet with kids ?

Thank you for your reply. The first hotel suit room has view of river and notre dame and the second hotel is big hotel and modern, still can't decide which one. Regarding the area facilities can anybody compare n terms of restaurants and cafes, safty and enchantment and elegance?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,709 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying at Saint Michael or Louvre Chatelet with kids ?

Well I think some may consider the one on the left bank near St Michel to bit more of a charming atmosphere.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,709 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying at Saint Michael or Louvre Chatelet with kids ?

Both areas are safe.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,973 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying at Saint Michael or Louvre Chatelet with kids ?

I would go for two rooms so the adults can have some privacy. Two bathrooms is also really great.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying at Saint Michael or Louvre Chatelet with kids ?

We travel with three children. Last visit we stayed in the 1st. This visit we're staying near St Michel. The 1st was fine. It was close to many things but I think we did do more walking than we will this trip. The location of our hotel was just off rue de rivoli across from the jardin des tuilieries. Nice and safe but not the most atmospheric of places. St Michel area is more central with more café/brasserie options nearby (at least I think so). Its also more charming and closer to Parc de Luxembourg (between Lux gardens and tuilerie gardens really). We found ourselves on the left bank more often than the right last summer so decided to switch. If the price is the same, I'd choose the left bank.

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: staying at Saint Michael or Louvre Chatelet with kids ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:16