We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying metro ticket at airport

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Buying metro ticket at airport

We arrive on Friday May 29-Sat June 7.

My plan was to buy a carnet of 10 tickets and also the weekly Navigo.

Can I buy them both at the airport on Friday?

Will there be a booth that I can use a credit card (no chip)?

Thanks for the info!!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

You can buy them there, but if you are not also buying RER tickets to get to Paris, I wouldn't make the effort to find the station to do so. Just get them in Paris after you've dropped off luggage.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,979 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

You may purchase both at either of the CDG RER stations. One is in Terminal 2, the other is at Roissypol. The ticket machines at Terminal 2 only accept chipped credit cards. There is a sales window there but the lines can be long.

If you arrive Terminal 1, or if the ticket lines at Terminal 2 are long, take the free rail shuttle, CDGVAL, to Roissypol. Ticket lines at Roissypol are usually shorter and the RER into Paris from here is the same train which departs from Terminal 2.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

My fear is if I wait to get to Paris I will not find a booth that can take my cc. I would rather waste time at airport before we get into the city. (I think)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

Sarastro, you've written it just one too many times, so I can't take it anymore! ;-) It's Roissypôle, not Roissypol. There, I've said it!

francetravelplanner.com/go/…roissypole.html

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

If you can't find a ticket machine that will take your card, buy the tickets with cash.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,736 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

There are no machines that will take your card in Paris metros but you can buy them at the windows of RER stations (almost no metro stations have agents who can sell tickets now, they have over the past few years dropped that service bit by bit) There are machines that take bills some places and that take coins at all stations.

If you are using the RER into town I would get the ND, the carnet and the ticket into town all at the same time; as Sarastro notes, this will mean a wait in line at Terminal 2. It took us over an hour April a year ago.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

If I arrive on Saturday and Leave the following Saturday

Is it good idea to purchase a day pass Mobils on Saturday at the airport , so I can use all day in the city after I drop off my bags

sunday for the city , another Mobils

Pay for a Week pays 5 days Navigo Decouvete (effective Monday to Friday only)

Saturday when we leave to go to the airport only - another Mobils

Merci

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,736 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

I think that generally speaking the Mobilis is not a good choice -- it can be if you are planning on taking 5 or 6 metro trips a day. You are probably fine with a carnet of ordinary tickets. But you could do it either way. If you are under age 26 you could get weekend day passes called ticket jeune which would definitley be worth doing.

The Mobilis will not allow you travel to or from the airport. It specifically excludes the airport trips.

If you have a Navigo Decouverte which is effective Monday-Sunday, charged for zones 1-2 then you could use it to go back to the airport on Saturday by loading a one time charge called a Parcours onto it within 3 hours of travel. It will save you a couple of Euro over the 9.75 RER ticket you would otherwise need. So you would use the ND Mon-Fri traveling around Paris and then use it on Saturday to the airport by loading this one ride onto it which can be done by machine.

If you planned to travel outside Paris during the week then you might load your ND for 5 zones which would let you use it without additional charge to get back to the airport on Saturday. (say if you were going to Versailles during the week) The additional zone cost would be a wash with a trip to the airport and to Versailles or similar day trip.

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
272 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

Can tourists buy ND and carnets of metro tickets from the Paris Tourist Info office at Terminal 2 near the exit?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,979 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying metro ticket at airport

<<Sarastro, you've written it just one too many times, so I can't take it anymore!>>

OK k2, point well taken. I´ll make sure to add the circumflex and the final e. How many points am I being deducted for this?