We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel room with 2 double beds

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel room with 2 double beds

Hello

I'm going to Paris June 16-20. I need a room that can hold 4 people. Usually when I travel with my family we all share one room with 2 people sharing a bed. Its been impossible to find a room like this for about $150-160 USD. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.20*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
659 Reviews
from US$73.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,216 Reviews
from US$120.80*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
822 Reviews
from US$123.30*
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

Why not ask in Euros? That's what people use here.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,416 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

You need a quad room, or 2 double rooms for 4 people. You're late to be booking for June and your budget is very low for 4 people.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

If I were you, I'd have a look at booking.com to see what's still available. I seriously doubt you'll find a hotel with a quad room that you would actually want to sleep in within your budget, but it's worth a look.

Canada
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

Hi,

You are very late for June which is high season and it is more difficult to find a low cost quad room.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k155469…

You should start calling hotels, not just play with web sites.

Also if your kids are older than 12 it will be difficult to get a quad but may be 2 doubles/twins.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,162 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

could you find a quad room in NYC for about $100 which is what your budget translates to in Euros. Euros aren't 'worth more' -- the dollar is just weak. London, Paris, Tokyo, New York City -- all places where you can't expect to pay small town Canada or US prices for a room. And i tis not the custom in France to have ginorous budget hotel rooms with two queen size beds as it is in the US and Canada. Few hotel rooms would be large enough to hold that kind of furniture.

There are quad rooms; I would think the rare good one anywhere near that price range would have to be booked well in advance.

Consider getting two rooms in a modest hotel; there are those to be found for about 100E a night; you will enjoy having two bathrooms for a group this size.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 14:38
Mentioned in this post
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

How old are your children? I ask because for us, that was a huge decision maker as to whether we would consider two rooms. Our children are young. We looked at many locations when determining pricing but only considered two double rooms when they would guarantee connecting rooms. There are a few hotels that do have them in Paris but we were looking in January for July. I expect with only a few weeks notice that you're going to be hard pressed to find one in the more popular areas for Paris, being the 5th, 6th and 4th.

If our kids were older, we would have definitely chosen two double rooms, next to each other. I think that's your best option with your budget. In our search, we determined that the going rate for connecting rooms or rooms for 4 in the inner arrondissements was about 275euros per night. Your budget is incredibly low.

ETA: I'm really curious. You're in Canada but quoting in USD... why?

Edited: 28 May 2014, 14:48
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,162 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

HOtel Marignan (the one in the center not the one near the Champs Elysees) has inexpensive quad rooms that are touted here. You could check your dates; they are, I believe the cheapest hotel for family rooms that regularly gets recommended here. I have not myself stayed there.

You could also look on centreparis which specializes in cheap apartments. Many apartments rent by the week but some rent by the night for this many nights. When you book for less than a week there is often an added cleaning fee, but you could see if there is anything there that would work for you. There are also budget hotels like Mr. Bed and Ibis on the edges of the city. I know there are several at the Galieni metro stop on the #3 line (end of the line) You might find two inexpensive rooms there although not within your budget.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

These also have rooms for four. Prices aren't as good as Hotel Marignan but they are central.

Excelsior Latin Quarter

Hotel Palais Bourbon

Hotel de Buci

Hotel du Danube

These are just the ones we came up with in our search. I haven't stayed in any of them. HTH

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,148 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

Hi. Most hotels do not have quadruple rooms, it would be easier to find 2 doubles.

maybe try the Lux Hotel Picpus

france-hotel-guide.com/en/75012-lux-hotel-pi…

Hotel Excelsior Latin has a quad from 190€/night for your dates -- which is a reasonable rate, hotel is well situated and generally receives good reviews

http://www.excelsior-paris-hotel.com/en/

Linthicum, MD
Level Contributor
748 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel room with 2 double beds

I love the Hotel du Danube, but the doubles are something like 230 E each, so they are definitely out of the OP's price range.