We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Paris and Switzerland Plan

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to Paris and Switzerland Plan

Hello

I am planning to travel to Paris and then to Switzerland from London. My travel would be for 5 days.

Do anyone have a travel plan which would meet my criteria. I would like to spend 2 days in Paris , 2 days in Switzerland and a day I would keep for travelling.

Thanking in Advance for your answer.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Paris and Switzerland Plan

Do your five days include travel days to and from the UK (ie: is your one travel day in between the two days in Paris and Switzerland or is that unaccounted for?)

Also, where in Switzerland did you wish to visit? Its a small country but its impossible to visit in two days. We were there for five weeks last summer and felt like we still missed out on seeing so many places we would love to have visited.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,696 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Paris and Switzerland Plan

You're actually going to need parts of 3 days for travel.

I'd probably head to Switzerland first, then Paris and then back to London.

Derby, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Paris and Switzerland Plan

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

I do not have a solid plan at this moment. Although I can think of some places which I would like to visit.

In Paris:

1) Disneyland

2) Eiffel Tower

3) Louvre Museum

In Switzerland :

1) The Jungfrau Region

2) The Rhine Falls

3) Chateau de Chillon, Montreux

4) Mt. Pilatus

Keeping in mind the above mentioned places I would like to create a travel plan which would be completed within 5 days or utmost by 6 days.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Paris and Switzerland Plan

I'm sorry but the Switzerland portion is impossible in the timeframe you're giving it. Rhine Falls takes a half day. Mt Pilatus is a half day. Rhienfall to Lucerne is 1.5hrs by train and Rhienfall to Pilatus is almost 3hrs by train. Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen (still well below the Jungfrau o I'm assuming here that you just want to see it from a distance and not actually go up the Jungfrau) is 2hrs by train and Montreux is on the other side of the country, 3hrs by train from Lauterbrunnen. You could possibly fly past each place on the train in 2 days but I don't think you could actually visit these places.

For advice on the Switzerland portion, you should post on the Switzerland forum. You'll get lots of great advice there. My advice, if you only have two days, is to stay in Lucerne and visit Rhine Falls and Pilatus. Forget the rest. You won't have time.

Paris is doable with the must see places you've noted. One day for Disney. Half day for the Louvre and then see the ET from below. If this is your first visit to Paris, you're really not doing it justice by only spending two days there.

I would leave out one of your stops. You only have five days and I'm thinking that includes travel to and from UK which is half day each.

Derby, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Paris and Switzerland Plan

Thanks for your reply. I will re-plan my trip with the information and will post it back.

ireland
Level Contributor
975 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to Paris and Switzerland Plan

Easyjet have cheap flights from London to Geneva right now. Why not spend your 5 days in Switzerland, and leave Paris for another time.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 16:07
7. Re: Travelling to Paris and Switzerland Plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:17