We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ceramic yogurt pots

Charlottesville...
7 posts
Save Topic
ceramic yogurt pots

Bon jour. We are in Paris this week and are wondering if anyone knows where to purchase yogurt in individual ceramic pots?. I believe the brand is Le Fermiere. I have visited the Carrefour near the hotel with no luck. Also, we had a lovely meal here that was served with Fleur del Sol salt from Guerande... we would love to purchase some but again cannot find any.

Should I be looking for specialty food stores in particular or another supermarket? Any shopping advice is appreciated for these foodie souvenirs at the best price.

Bastille Market
Flea & Street Markets
Rue Mouffetard Market
Flea & Street Markets
Rue Cler
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,149 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

I think I got mine at the Franprix across the street from my apartment on Rue de la Roquette. I may have gotten some at Monoprix too. I remember seeing them in most grocery stores.

Quincy
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

Try a Monoprix. I bought that yogurt there last year in the beautiful blue pots, one of which is sitting on my kitchen counter now. The yogurt was as lovely as the pot.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

Monoprix should have the Fleurs de Sel de Guerande

…monoprix.fr/RIDE/Fleur-de-sel-de-guerande-1…

They might also have the yogurt you want.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

I'm quite sure I got mine at the Monoprix near the Voltaire metro stop.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

All Carrefour shops will sell Fleur de Sel de Guérande under the Reflets de France brand. They will also have the La Fermière yogurts in the terra cotta pots.

Otherwise come and help yourself to my pantry. My parents often stay near Guérande to visit family so guess what they always bring me back? And last time they visited my aunt in the south of France they brought me Fleur de Sel de Camargue aux 5 baies. There is only so much salt I can eat :)

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

I got the yogurt at either a Franprix or Carrefour - those were the two grocery stores we used.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 00:19
Charlottesville...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

Thank you all so much for the replies! We will follow your advice tomorrow morning.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,149 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

Mrs F_M, Is there a craft project in your future? For some reason I can see turning these little pots into some wind chimes. Drill holes in the bottom and hang them upside down - like bells. LOL!

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

Haha! No, I actually have only one of these pots somewhere as I don't buy yogurt (can't have lactose any more). But I am beginning to have a collection of little wooden mini salt scoops or whatever they are called so if you have any idea what I can do with them, I would be happy. My parents will be in Guérande again this weekend so I have a feeling the collection will increase soon.

http://i61.tinypic.com/33xxwyx.jpg (it's curry fleur de sel in the picture)

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ceramic yogurt pots

I am in Australia and Fleur de Sel salt is readily available in delicatesans here. Its what Nigella Lawson uses in Salted Caramel and makes the Caramel sinful and to die for.