We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

adelaide
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

How long would you need to get from the TGV platform at Charles De Gaulle (arriving from Avignon at 10:35am) to Terminal 1. Flight departs at 12:00 midday (business class so can check in later than normal)

Thanks guys.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,885 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

I'd say that allowing a 90 minute connection coming off a long-distance is cutting it a bit close. I'd head straight to check-in. Hopefully this isn't an international flight.

adelaide
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

international flight. am I dreaming thinking I can get from TGV to check in 45 minutes if the train is on time? do TGV normally run punctually? Never used them before.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

Well the walk from the TGV platform to the terminal is about ten minutes I would say, but remember you have to go through immigration and security as well as check in. I don't think 85 minutes from arrival at the TGV station to take off is enough time even checking in business class. You might make it but you very well might not...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

The CDGVal rail shuttle leaves from the terminal 2 TGV rail station and will take you to terminal 1 in a few minutes.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,960 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

I travel internationally out of Terminal 1 quite often. I have seen the passport line there take over one hour and I have experienced this on more than one occasion. I am not saying this will happen to you, only that it does happen and attempting a 90 minute connection out of CDG might work for, but it might not.

The CDGVAL is painfully slow and it´s three stops between Terminal 2 and 1. I would allow no less than 15 minutes just for the train. It could be less if you do not have to wait long for the next departure. But if you arrive at the departure station just in time to see the train leave without you, you will have a bit of a wait.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,885 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

If you check with your airline you will probably find out that they suggest that you arrive at the airport 3 hours in advance of your international flight. While this may seem like a generous amount of time - it really isn't. While 2 hours may be doable, IMO any less you risk missing your flight. What will you do if your train is delayed?

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

My experience with trains from ths souther part of France is that they are oftne on time, but 10-15 minutes late is really not extraordinary and I've had 2 trains cancelled on say 20 trips (one was cancellation of half the train, so we started late and it was overcrowded, second a general electrical failure - doesn"t happen often....).

Maybe I was not lucky but counting on train being perfectly on time is optimistic. You are not in Japan - allow at least for 15 min.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

Remember that some (all?) airline counters close at one hour before departure which will impact your ability to check any bags through.

Ex. Air France

◾your Check-In Deadline: This is the time limit beyond which you can no longer check in for your flight nor check in your baggage,

Check-in Deadlines according to your departure airport within metropolitan France and your destination.

> Paris CDG to

◾Other countries: 60 minutes

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

Yes, you are dreaming.

10. Re: Charles De Gaulle TGV platform to check in at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 06:17