We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in October

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Paris in October

Hi,

I've been reading "what you wish someone would have told you" - it's great!

I'm going to Paris in October with my 12 year old daughter (it's her MASSIVE birthday surprise!!). It's my second visit to Paris but the first time was 13 years ago when I was 19(!!) so I don't remember an awful lot about it and can't wait to see it all again. My daughter is DESPERATE to see the Eiffel Tower so I'm trying to make her little dream come true, can't wait.

What's it like in Paris in October? Weather wise is it very similar to England? We're going for 4 nights the last week of October so I'm expecting it might be a little cold? Will all the attractions still be very busy at that time of year or does it quieten down a bit once the summer months are over?

Does anyone know when Christmassy type things start appearing (lights etc.)? I suspect we might be a little early for that though.

We're staying at Hotel Meslay Republique as I have read lots of good things about it, sounds like a really nice area too. Can't wait to get there!

My plans so far are to see all the main attractions, but having read a bit of the "what you wish someone had told you thread", I intend to take it very slowly and just see what we see in the time we have. I'm sure we'll make it back there again one day! Eiffel Tower will obviously be job one though! I'm planning on doing Disney for a day as well as my daughter is still at an age where she will love it, what with Frozen being the latest!

20 weeks and counting! :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris in October

I don't know if you've caught it in your reading, but if you intend to pre-purchase Eiffel Tower tickets, they sell out within (literally) minutes of when they go on sale, three months prior to visiting. You need to be on the website the minute they go on sale, just after midnight local time.

I think you will be too early for Christmas lights and decorations. The weather can be cool and rainy or sunny and warm that time of year. Pack for both.

Lucky daughter! Enjoy :)

Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris in October

My goodness that's quick!! When I went 13 years ago we just turned up on the day and queued I think! Was planning on pre-booking but didn't realise I had to book that far in advance, will have to do it pretty soon then. Thanks very much for that! :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris in October

Just know that, if you pre-purchase your ET tix, and the weather is rainy or foggy, there are no refunds or exchanges. So it's a trade-off.

Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris in October

Thanks very much for info.

Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris in October

Can anyone else help with my other questions?

Thanks

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,985 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris in October

If your other questions mostly regard weather, then it's very hard to say. You will need to set aside some things for cooler weather and warmer weather, and as the day of your departure approaches, check the forecast and pack accordingly. People can tell you what previous late Octobers have been like (lots of variation in weather, and weather is becoming more unpredictable), but cannot tell you what this October will be like.

The main tourist sights won't be as crowded as in high season, but you will still have lines at some places, like Ste Chapelle, the Catacombs, and (as discussed already) the Eiffel Tower. No attractions will be closed outside of usual closures (like Louvre on Tuesdays, etc.)

I'm not sure about Disney, but there is a TA Paris Disney forum, so you can post there and ask about crowds and closures in October.

Edited: 07 June 2014, 01:27
7. Re: Paris in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:17