We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone rented an apartment from Vacationinparis.com?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone rented an apartment from Vacationinparis.com?

Hi!

I am planning my first trip to Paris in September and I'm interested in renting an apartment from the agency Vacation in Paris with offices in New Jersey. If anyone has used their service, please let me know your experiences with this agency. The apartment is located in the 8th district, near the Arc de Triomphe and it overlooks the Cathedrale St. Alexandre-Nevsky (A Russian Orthodox church.) Is it a nice neighbourhood? Is the area close to tourist attractions by bus or metro? My interests are history and art, not shopping or gourmet dinning. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe
37,054 Reviews
Paris, France
Eglise Saint Louis de la Salpetriere
Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Eglise Saint Joseph Artisan
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Virginia
Level Contributor
302 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone rented an apartment from Vacationinparis.com?

We rented from Vacation in Paris for a trip this past April, and were very pleased. I found the booking process easy and the staff at VIP very helpful.

We didn't stay in the apartment you are looking at, we did find that the apartment we chose was just as pictured on the VIP website. The greeter/property manager was there when we arrived and did a great job of showing us how everything worked in the apartment and some overall tips for the area.

I wouldn't hesitate to rent from VIP again. Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone rented an apartment from Vacationinparis.com?

Belbass, did you see the replies in your other thread?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k75179…

Edited: 06 June 2014, 02:01
NZ
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone rented an apartment from Vacationinparis.com?

Used them a number of times, no problems.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,116 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone rented an apartment from Vacationinparis.com?

My SIL and BIL and their two sons stayed in one over Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. They were pleased with the apartment near the Louvre and the whole thing went smoothly.

I particularly like working with Perfectly Paris but they specialize in places in Montmartre where you may not want to be on a first trip.

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

Mentioned in this post
France Louvre
France Louvre
293 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Montmartre
Montmartre
15,500 Reviews
Paris, France
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone rented an apartment from Vacationinparis.com?

Sorry, this was my first time posting and I tried three times because I didn't find my post on "apartment rentals". I don't know what I did wrong that it ended up in the general Paris forum.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
6. Re: Has anyone rented an apartment from Vacationinparis.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 06:15