We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

FOV
Boston
Level Contributor
239 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

We are traveling from Boston to Istanbul with a 4 hour layover at CDG, terminal 2. My kids are excited to have "lunch in Paris." Do you have a favorite dining option in the CDG airport?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

You have a connection and not a layover and four hours at CDG is not nearly as much time as you would presume.

Everything turns on your arrival and departure terminals. You will probably have to get through Passport Control on arrival. Assuming you are booked on one ticket, you will not have to collect any checked bags (as they'll be checked through) or check in for your ongoing flight (as you should receive boarding passes when you check in for your first flight), but you will have to get to your departure terminal and go through security.

It would be unwise to plan on lunch anywhere other than your departure terminal once you've gotten through security. Then, see how much time you have. Know what time boarding for your flight will begin and also the cut off time.

If you know your departure terminal for Istanbul, you can view a map of that terminal

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/…

and see dining options and where they are located.

If you are departing from 2E, note that there are three (far apart) sets of departure gates.

All depending, you may or may not have a lot of time for lunch.

FOV
Boston
Level Contributor
239 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

Thank you dkjbrooks. I'm familiar with the process of connecting flights etc... because I have travelled a fair amount. We will be flying Air France BOS-CDG-IST and will be checked thru to IST. If the flight from BOS is on time, by the looks of the CDG airport (I checked the map of the terminal that Air France emailed us) 4 hours should give us time to grab something for lunch. I see all the names of the restaurants but other than McDonald's I don't know what is good or not.

I know a lot of travellers go thru the CDG airport so I was hoping someone would know of at least 1 good place we could try. For instance, in BOS I would recommend Sam Adams Brewery and Legal Seafoods.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

In terminal 2F, CDG´s best restaurant is Brasserie Flo.

In terminal 2D, Hippopotamus is more casual and might be more appropriate for children.

There are various fast food options as well.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

For fast food, Paul is a much better choice than McDonalds. :-) They have great sandwiches on baguettes, as well as pastries.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

Can you give us names of the restaurants listed on the terminal map provided to you by Air France? Are you arriving and leaving from the same terminal?

I agree with djk that 4 hours is really just a connection. It could take you 1.5 to 2 hours just to get off the plane and through passport control.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,860 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

and then it can take up to another hour to get to your departing gate, and suddenly your "lunch in Paris" becomes a "grab something to eat on the plane".

Add in a delayed arrival flight, and you're on a dead sprint from arrival to departure.

Particularly when traveling with kids, it would be far better to make your way to your departure gate, then find a place to eat near there, rather than planning to eat somewhere and setting your kids up to fail by getting them all excited about having "lunch in Paris" (let's be really honest -- it's not lunch in Paris, it's lunch in an airport 25 miles from Paris -- DEFINITELY not the same thing) and then having to grab a McDonald's as you run for your departure gate.

You might have traveled a lot, but a lot of us here have traveled through CDG a lot, many of us with kids.

Edited: 08 June 2014, 15:47
7. Re: CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 22:35
Edited: 08 June 2014, 22:35
8. Re: CDG layover - Favorite Airport Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:17