We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ripon, California
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

I will need to go from my hotel in Paris to the Paris Nord to board a Eurostar to London with my wife and 3 kids. Should I prebook a taxi, or are they relatively easy to flag? It will be a Wednesday morning needing to leave the hotel at 6 a.m.

Thanks!

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

Have your hotel arrange a pick up for you. They can call the day before.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

At that hour it my be easy to hail a taxi, or you may even be near a taxi rank. But if I needed to be at the airport, I'd arrange a taxi pickup the night before.

Call the G7 taxi company on their English-speaking line at 01 41 27 66 99. The taxi will be there 5 minutes or so early, so be ready at the curb. There will be a few euros on the meter when the taxi arrives. This should be considered normal.

Edited: 07 June 2014, 23:19
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

The night before, check with the front desk. They will advise whether they will order a taxi for you then, or whether it will be just fine if they phone for one for you when you're ready to leave.

It's better to summon a taxi from the hotel than count on finding one from the street, especially that early in the morning. And, you may as well be collected with your bags from the front of the hotel.

If you're staying at one of the larger hotels, there is often a taxi stand at/near the entrance.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

Happygoing 's advice is good.

Don't take risks, prebook.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

There is no need to bother phoning yourself.

Do let the front desk know that there will be five of you, so the appropriate sized vehicle can be requested.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

Lol, I guess I just don't consider it much of a bother, djkbooks. But I suppose it's one of the perks of staying in a hotel.

Ripon, California
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

Thanks so much. Feel more prepared now!

DHG
Boston
Level Contributor
457 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

I booked the G7 taxi last night for a 7 a.m. departure from my hotel this morning. The driver was very punctual; the ride was excellent; definitely worth the peace of mind when connecting with train/plane. .

9. Re: Taxi in Paris Early A.M.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:17