We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute change of plans - help with 1st night ideas

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Last minute change of plans - help with 1st night ideas

I hope someone might be able to help. My husband and I are visiting Paris for the 1st time very soon. We had our itinerary pretty much arranged but today we found out that due to industrial rail action our plans for arriving in Paris have had to change.

We’ll now be arriving in Paris around lunchtime Thursday 12th June which is much earlier in the day than we had anticipated. It is also my husbands birthday so we were looking to do something extra special.

We are staying near Jardin des Tuileries. I’m not sure what we’d do earlier in the day (if anyone has any suggestions?) but I was thinking we might try to book the 19.30 concert at Sainte Chapelle as I’ve heard that it’s a fantastic experience.

We’d then be looking to have a dinner reservation for no later than about 21.30. I think the concert goes on for an hour (I’m double checking this with them but haven’t heard back yet). Given the timeframe, does anyone have any suggestions on restaurants that we could try? I know it’s short notice.

As it’s a special occasion we’d be looking at spending up to around €350. We’re a couple in our early 40’s, we like most types of food, we’re looking for something romantic and memorable (maybe because it has a nice view, or because of the ambience, etc.)

Any help would be much appreciated as we hadn’t anticipated having to have dinner on our 1st night and I’m a bit stumped for ideas.

Hope I’ve given you all enough information.

Thanks in advance

California
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute change of plans - help with 1st night ideas

La Tour d'Argent, maybe? Great view, and it's not far from St. Chapelle.

2. Re: Last minute change of plans - help with 1st night ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16