We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations for a Family of 5?

TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Accommodations for a Family of 5?

Now that the kids are a bit older, we are looking forward to visiting Paris! But, being a family of 5, I need to find creative accommodations - can't afford 2 hotel rooms let alone risk leaving the kiddos alone in a room. Any suggestions? I have heard of apartment rentals, but I don't know how to begin exploring this. Any suggestions for a family of 5? If it helps, the kids are 12, 10, and 9. Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
541 Reviews
from US$73.00*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
656 Reviews
from US$74.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$122.20*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$124.70*
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations for a Family of 5?

What is your budget in euros and when are you planning to travel? You can start your process by looking at airbnb.com and homeaway.com to see what you find available that meets your needs and you can begin your research by doing a Google search for vacation rentals in Paris. By the way, if you end up being able to afford two hotel rooms, you might be able to find connecting rooms. We do not typically share rooms with our children and have found connecting rooms in Paris so the children will not be in a room alone.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations for a Family of 5?

Hello

I've hardly ever booked appartments, and I suppose finding an appt is linked to duration of your stay.

Last time we were 5 (2 nights) we had an appartment belonging to a hotel.

the price was reasonable - was Elysees union on rue Hamelin, close to Etoile. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, one living room and one kitchenette.

Lots of threads on appartments here too.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations for a Family of 5?

Hotel rooms can be a lot more affordable in Paris than in NYC or Boston. When were you planning on traveling, and what is your budget? August is a cheap month for hotel rooms.

I would strongly advise against an apartment for a first stay, especially if you don't speak fluent French. If you rent an apartment, there is nobody to help you figure out how to use the metro, or where the bus is, or to make a restaurant reservation for you. The front desk staff of a hotel will be very useful and valuable for a first trip. What if you have an emergency? do you know how to get a doctor in Paris? Also, it can be harder to find a rental apartment with air conditioning.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations for a Family of 5?

Here's a Citadines with 2 bedrooms for 5 or 6 people.

citadines.com/en/…bastille_gare_de_lyon.html

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations for a Family of 5?

We're a family of five as well. Also didn't want two separate hotel rooms unless there was a connecting door. We stayed in a hotel with connecting rooms last summer and researched it for this summer as well. There are quite a few hotels with connecting rooms or family rooms but usually you need to contact the hotels directly to find out. Because there aren't that many though, they book very early. Its essential to know your budget (in euros) and the date of travel before any recommendations can be useful.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 14:32
6. Re: Accommodations for a Family of 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16