We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Area for Hotel

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Area for Hotel

Heading to Paris for the first time in mid August.

Going to spend first two nights out at Disneyland Land and then have 3 days/2 nights to see major attractions if Paris.

What area would you recommend staying in Paris.

Will be arriving and departing via train from London.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Area for Hotel

Most people recommend staying in Arrondissements 4, 5 or 6 for first timers to Paris. The Marais (arrondissement 4) has a better nightlife for younger people.

Two nights in Paris isn't enough, imho -- is there no chance you can make it one night at Disney or even just a day trip? I can't imagine there's enough to do at Disney to make up for missing time in Paris.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Area for Hotel

Thanks for your reply.

Will be able to get 4 full days in Paris with just 2 nights.

Meeting my girlfriend who has been traveling around Europe and is limited to the number of days we can spend in France.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Area for Hotel

What is your budget in euros per night for a double room in Paris?

Mid August stays are sometimes discounted, so maybe you will get a price break.

But having a basic idea of your price range (and also whay kind of environment you want (lively, quiet, upscale, more affordable, etc) would really help us suggest a few places for your preferences.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Area for Hotel

Budget is flexible but probably would like something of quality without being excessive. Four Stars maybe.

We are are young couple in Paris for our anniversary so would like easy access to Effiel Tower and nice restaurants.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Area for Hotel

Three stars is a nice level for Paris. You should be able to get lovely hotels with only three stars. I forget what exactly four stars means, but it's not anything particularly important or nice. It might just be a slightly larger room.

But there are a host of lovely hotels and if your budget is E150ish/night you should be able to get a nice room in a boutique hotel. You're lucky in that August is a fairly cheap month for hotels in Paris.

I'm not quite sure how you get four full days in Paris with only two nights. Most people consider two nights to be one full day and two half-days. I would urge you to consider booking all four nights in Paris, and spend one day taking a day trip to Disney. You could find a hotel on the route for the RER A (i.e. near Nation, Gare de Lyon, Chatelet, Auber or Etoile) to make it easier for doing a day trip to Disney.

Toowoomba Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Area for Hotel

Brad, we were in Paris last August.

Be aware that many Parisians go on holiday in August, and a lot of shops and restaurants will be closed. However the bonus is that the city is less busy than normal.

It can also be quite hot, I was in T shirts and shorts.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,850 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Area for Hotel

Four stars usually means over 250 euros a night,, and many four stars are over 4-500 euros a might,,, I think a nice two or three star would fit the bill don't you?

I think unless you have kiddies with you you might find one day at Disney, with the heat and masses of children's and crowds to be more then enough,,up to you.

8. Re: Best Area for Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:17