We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Hours in Paris is possible?

Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
7 Hours in Paris is possible?

Hi all. I will arrive on Paris at 8:20AM and then I will continue my flight and arrive 3:35PM at Venice. I'm thinking to get RER B from my Terminal 2E to the Saint Michel Notre Dame station. Then I will walk to Notre Dame Cathedral, Conciergerie, Louvre Museum, Tuileries Garden, Champs-Élysées street,

Arc de Triomphe, Trocadéro and Eiffel Tower. Just to see the city and take some photos. Then I will get RER C (Champ de Mars - Tour Eiffel) changing for RER B and come back to Airport Charles De Gaulle. Google Maps says that I can do that using 2 hours on normal walk. I have to arrive 2 hours before my boarding to Venice. My boarding time limit is 2:55PM. And I think is 1 hour to go using RER B and another 1 hour to come back using RER C/RER B. It is possible to do that? Or just the half? Or nothing? Thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Hours in Paris is possible?

Type "layover" in the search engine, order by date, and you'll find plenty of answers on this topic. Bottom line is, 7h is about the minimum to consider heading to the city (you forgot to include disembarking / going through immigration, depending on where you are arriving from), provided of course your luggage are checked through and you have your next tickets in hand.

I would thus stay closer to the St Michel area, exploring for example the St Germain / Luxembourg area a bit, so as to be able to get back quickly on RER if need be.

Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 Hours in Paris is possible?

Thanks for your reply. I have red passaport from european union, maybe my immigration can be more fast. Thanks again.

California
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 Hours in Paris is possible?

I did not realize Air France is associated with Cityrama offering Paris city tours for a minimum of a seven hour layover. Seems like there are other tours offering a similar thing now. However, it's the passenger who is liable to make sure they've got the correct paperwork to leave airside and make sure they return in time for their connecting flight.

Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 Hours in Paris is possible?

Just another question, I came out on Terminal 2E. I have to go to Aeroport Charles De Gaulle 2 TGV (RER) or Aeroport Charles De Gaulle 1 (RER)? And what is the difference between them? Anyone that makes leftover or stopover cannot go out from the terminal/airport like I wanna do?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 Hours in Paris is possible?

See

www.parisbytrain.com

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,611 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 Hours in Paris is possible?

While you theoretically have enough time to get into Paris and back, you absolutely do not have the time to do all the things on that list -- you have time to see ONE thing. Your list is an entire day's sightseeing for someone who is staying IN the city.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 Hours in Paris is possible?

Are you talking this monday ? If so it's even more a no-no as there is a strike (=fewer trains) going on.

8. Re: 7 Hours in Paris is possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 05:16