We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM CARD to be used in Paris and Madrid with good prices

Beirut, Lebanon
8 posts
Save Topic
SIM CARD to be used in Paris and Madrid with good prices

Good day,

please I want an advise to know which network I should choose to use in Paris and Madrid ??

is it the same SIM will be used in Both ??

if not. which network I should use in each ??

Thanks

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SIM CARD to be used in Paris and Madrid with good prices

Temporary SIM cards that work identically in multiple countries are very rare. Often it's best to buy one card per country. Roaming agreements with major carriers may work well in a great many coutries, but the roaming charges are often extremely high.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,162 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SIM CARD to be used in Paris and Madrid with good prices

Most of the SIMs available in France will also work in Madrid albeit at roaming rates. Just make sure you are able to recharge online whatever SIM you purchase. If you purchase a French, you will not be able to recharge it from Spain unless to do it on line.

Beirut, Lebanon
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SIM CARD to be used in Paris and Madrid with good prices

So far I will need to do roaming.. Then I think is better to buy a Sim in each, my visit is just for 12 days (6 days in each).

but what network is better in each city ??

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,162 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SIM CARD to be used in Paris and Madrid with good prices

If you want to just use talk or text at very reasonable cost, ask at any magazine store or tabac. You will typically find offerings from Lebara, Lycamobile, or Ortel mobile but stock can very widely. SIMs must be registered requiring your name and address, hotel address is OK. Registration can be done on line and in English (look for the UK flag on any website).

There are a number of boutiques such as those of SFR, Orange or Bouygues. These offer full service, will help you install the SIM, but at higher over usages costs.

FNAC and Virgin Mobile also sell SIMs.

5. Re: SIM CARD to be used in Paris and Madrid with good prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:16