We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best car service and time to be at airport?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Best car service and time to be at airport?

We will be leaving the Citadine St Germain to fly back home to Toronto on Friday August 1st and have a 11am flight. What is the best car service and what time should we be at the airport? Just wondering if traffic will be bad on a Friday morning (rush hour) and we should instead take the metro ( busy in the morning as well ??)

Thanks in advance

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,948 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best car service and time to be at airport?

The best car service is a licensed regular taxi. Shuttles are notoriously unreliable in Paris.

My guess would be that traffic is fine heading out of the city - but I'm not familiar with Paris rush hour on a Friday morning. August 1 may not have much of a rush hour though, because it's vacation time. Taking the RER B is up to you, depending on your luggage. I would think that you could walk from your hotel to the RER B, but it depends on how much luggage you have.

You should be at the airport 3 hours in advance for a flight to Canada. I'm overzealous, and I would leave Paris by 7am. But I would always rather be at the airport early and bored, than at the airport late and rushing. You'd probably be fine getting on the RER at 7:20.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,148 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best car service and time to be at airport?

no need to take metro, you are a few (about 5) minute walk from St-Michel-Notre-Dame stop, from which you can catch RER B commuter train to CDG Airport

details here:

parisbytrain.com/charles-de-gaulle-airport-c…

if you prefer to go by shuttle, pick one that does not require prepayment ..Shuttle Inter has been recommended often

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,619 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best car service and time to be at airport?

I would arrange for a 06h59 pickup (07h00 and later taxi reservations add 5€ to the bill) or have your hotel call. This will allow you 1 hour to reach CDG (it should take 40 minutes) and give you the recommended 3 hours show time. Shuttles are notoriously unreliable and I have found no compelling reason to assume the risk.

4. Re: Best car service and time to be at airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:16